cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

macOS 10.11 Big Sur and Pro 1000

nsoltz
Contributor

Any compatibility issues with printer driver or print studio pro from lightroom or ps?

11 REPLIES 11

Thanks to everyone for helping me. I had a 1 hour conversation with Canon UK, with mixed results. He managed to get me up and running using a remote LAN from my modem, but couldn't get the printer to work using USB - I know the USB ports and the USB cable are all OK - this problem is clearly related to Big Sur, and he suggested I contacted Apple about this (good luck with that...). 

The printer works remotely, the odd thing is that it insists I put the paper in the manual feed (even thin glossy photo paper) - I've no idea what that's about but maybe smarter folks reading this will be able to opine.

Ben

easyrider
Contributor
Another suggestion Ben,
have you ever removed the driver by Finder?

From the menu, choose Go> Go To Folder, type / Library / Printers, and click Go.

In the Printers folder that opens, click Edit> Select All to select everything in the folder. Now move all selected files to a new folder by clicking File> New Folder With Selection. Follow the on-screen instructions and then delete the newly created folder.

Restart your Mac and look for a software update.
Announcements