cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 Canon color profiles not showing up in Photoshop

yukon819
Contributor

I've been having a problem with my Canon color profiles not showing up under the "Photoshop manages color" drop down for some time.  Sometimes they are there and sometimes they are not.  I don't know if my Mac is hiding them or if it's photoshop or what, but when they were missing, I used to be able to go to printers in system preferences and add another printer and click the canon pro 1000 and it would create another driver (pro 1000 (2)...) and then the profiles would be there. I would have like 6 or 7 Pro 1000s on my Mac.  But now that doesn't even work.  I've deleted the printers and downloaded the drivers again and no luck. Does anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This didn't get published properly in my earlier post:

"The stock Canon Profiles are hidden and not automatically put into the library>Colorsync>Profiles location which makes profiles available to Affinity for instance.

They must be copied from here: library> printers> Canon> BJPrinter> Resources>  ICCProfiles>  -Then control-click on the printer you use ie. Pro 10 or Pro 100  [that one threw me] and choose in the dropdown menu: show package contents.   From there you see Contents> Resources>   All the profiles appear to be copied and then pasted in correct location:

Library> Colorsync> Profiles "

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Glad I could help.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Finally got it to work. Thank you.  Very temperamental since the last updates - I hadn't used my printer for a while.  It disappeared altogether for a while today.

jeanmr
Apprentice

Which file did you use for a pro-1000?  I'm having the same issue - this is new.  I'm on a mac running Big Sur.  I see my profiles for non-Canon paper, but the Canon profiles disappeared.  

They must be copied from here: library> printers> Canon> BJPrinter> Resources>  ICCProfiles>  -Then control-click on the printer you use ie. Pro 10 or Pro 100  [that one threw me] and choose in the dropdown menu: show package contents.   From there you see Contents> Resources>   All the profiles appear to be copied and then pasted in correct location:

Library> Colorsync> Profiles "

Screenshot 2022-02-18 061845.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks. Saw that and found them, but wasn't sure whether I needed to move all of them or could just pick out the pro-1000 ones.  They also seem old.  Until I moved to Big Sur (I think that's the problem) I had all of them in Photoshop.  I'm specifically looking for the Pro Luster Profile. all my best,

You only need to move the ones you want.

The profiles would be dated consistent with the release date of the Pro-1000 - Nov 2015.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

That describes my situation. Just switched from a ten year old IMac using OSX and Photoshop CS6 to a new one. I saw a suggestion above to start over, it's amazing that I have to spend so much time dealing with the bugs in Photoshop CC and the fugitive ICC profiles that Canon won't post on a website. 

Yes, It's absolutely amazing that I can use my 12 year old Imac and Photoshop CS6  to print on Canon Luster Paper but not my brand new IMac with Ventura and Photoshop CC.

The problem is that when I try to copy and paste, I get a message telling me that I don't have the application to open the copied file. Why does Canon not just make the profiles easy to find and download? I just want to use my brand new Mac/OS 12.6.3 to print photos to my Canon Pro 1000.

Are you sure you installed the Canon IJ Series driver and not the AirPrint driver?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements