cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow & color management advice please

jiro
Contributor

Hi all

Using the Pixma Pro 100s.  Having issues with inaccurate colors and so need to ask a few questions rather than waste my entire fresh box of Hahnemuhle Baryta paper trying to work it out

So far I have been printing from from Canon Print Studio Pro in Photoshop, setting the paper profile in Photoshop before opening Print studio pro, then selecting no color management in PSP.  this as far as I can see is the recommended method, but prints coming out with a blue cast. 

I don't have an Eizo setup, working from a 2017 iMac

Can someone advise the proper/best method / settings to achieve accurate colors?

Is it better to print straight from Photoshop Ie. bypassing Print studio pro? 

Do I need to use colorsync ?

many thanks

37 REPLIES 37

Sorry could you post the first image again?  I can't make anything out

how do I access the 'Canon Profile editor'?  I am using a MAC by the way

I now think I had the wrong profile in PS print window

The printer profile tab is greyed out - which application do I use to change this? 

thanks

IMG_3197.jpg

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
You don’t change it in Ps. You selected Printer Manages. Thus you set the profile in the printer driver.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

In that case, yes I definitely had the correct profile for the paper selected in PS print window

see below

IMG_3198.jpg

That is correct. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

xrischan
Contributor

So far looks good.
Can you show us all the options under A4 where it says colour matching.
Canon Profile Editor is software that comes with the printer and allows you to upload the paper settings to the printer including ink amounts, paper feed and most importantly ICM.

Without this the printer will not be using the best settings for your paper. 

The only other option of any interest is 'quality and media', where I select 'other glossy paper' as advised by Hahnemuhle.  see image.

I bought the printer second hand and pretty sure I don't have any of the discs.  I can't find a download or any information about 'Canon Profile editor' online...  the only other thing I have installed for the printer is 'Professional print and layout'.

any idea how I can get hold of the profile editor?

thanks again

IMG_3246.jpg

Profile Editor is not compatible for the Pro-100 series printers.

I believe, even if you install and run PP&L you will get a message that it is not supported for your printer. At least that what happens with my Pro-100.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements