cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which PRO-1000 drivers to install?

RichPate
Enthusiast

Hello. I have to uninstall Windows 10 Canon drivers since Photoshop 2021 is not recognizing them, so I want to make sure I re-install them properly this time.

On Canon's PRO-1000 driver download page, Drivers and Downloads, several drivers are listed:

1. Recommended Driver (driver & software package) dated 7/20/16

2. Optional Drivers, listing Printer Driver v. 1.10 and a XPS Printer Driver v. 6.60, both dated 10/1/19.

Questions:

1. Should I install the "Recommended" driver & software package, or the newer individual 'Optional Drivers"?

2. If I install the "Recommended" driver & software package, will it automatically update to the newer drivers?

Thanks,

Rich

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi RichPate,

The Windows 10 driver for your imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 is "imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 series Printer Driver Ver.1.10 (Windows)".  It is the latest driver available for Windows 10.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Patrick, but I already installed the "Recommended" Driver & Software set.

I noticed while installing this driver & software set, a prompt indicated that it was getting the latest drivers. Did the install program access and download the latest 1.10 driver?

Hi RichPate,

Yes, the installer downloads and installs the latest version.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements