cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find and download Canon paper icc profiles?

Will55
Contributor

I have searched on the Canon site and on search engines to no avail. Can anyone post a link for downloading icc profiles to the Canon photographic papers (Pro Luster, Matt, Semi gloss, Pro platnum) I would like to install these profiles in the Photo editing appliction, Affinity for softproofing to a specific paper. Thanks.

50 REPLIES 50

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Will55,

So we can best assist you, please let us know the model of your printer.

We look forward to your reply.

My printer is the Canon pro 10 on a Mac system. Thanks for any help-

Hi Will55,

Please click the link below to download and install the PRO-10 series ICC Profile Ver. 1.0.0.

icc_-mac-pro_10-1_0_0-ea7.dmg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Arhur, could you also paste the link to download Canon paper profiles for Pro-100 please?  For some reason I cannot find them anywhere.  I can find the profiles for other papers, but not Canon papers.

Welcome to the forum. 

The Canon paper profiles are automatically installed when the printer driver is installed. 

What software are you trying to use for printing and what operating system are you using?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I am using Lightroom software to print. And I am on MacOS Catalina.

Hello John.  It's Bruce from a few days ago. You helped me set up my Canon Pro-100 to print 13 inch prints.  Again, I really appreciate that.  I'm trying to add an icc profile for Canon Photo Paper Pro.  I've downloaded the Canon Printer Driver. The download said the installation was successful but I don't know where to find that driver.  I think in the system library but I don't see it.  And I understand the Canon icc profiles are downloaded when the printer driver is installed but I don't see those either. They should end up in the profile library I suspect. I have a 27" iMac running Monterey and I'm using Capture One.

Hi Bruce. Installing a printe on a Mac is a two-step process. First, you download and install the driver, which you did. Then, you need  to add the printer.

Go to System Preferences->Printers & Scanners and select the plus icon. Wait for a while till the IJ series version of the printer appears. 

You should see something like this if the installation was  successful:

Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 12.18.27 PM.png

You want to be sure that you see the Canon driver.

Canon doesn't store the profiles in the ColorSync folder. Adobe products know where to find them. I don't use C1, but since I haven't seen posts concerning difficulty in finding the profiles I assume it works like Adobe.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, the printer shows under Printers and Scanners in System Preferences.  I'll try printing by choosing the paper and assuming the printer knows the corresponding icc profile.  It says the profile is "Managed by Printer".  That's new to me.

Thanks again.  You should be paid by Canon.

Announcements