cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find and download Canon paper icc profiles?

Will55
Contributor

I have searched on the Canon site and on search engines to no avail. Can anyone post a link for downloading icc profiles to the Canon photographic papers (Pro Luster, Matt, Semi gloss, Pro platnum) I would like to install these profiles in the Photo editing appliction, Affinity for softproofing to a specific paper. Thanks.

54 REPLIES 54

If you are using Canon papers then it is OK to select "Managed by Printer". When you select the media type the driver will select the correct Canon profile.

I always have the application manage printing and select the correct profile, even if I am printing on Canon paper. It's easier and maintains a consistent workflow since I often use third-party papers.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

It is suspected that Red River Catalog markets rebadged mainstream papers.  That's a reason to use "Managed by Printer" with some confidence and with good results.

My experience is based on the use of Lightroom as my photo editor. Other editors may behave differently.

Choosing an actual ICC profile in the printer dialogue automatically selects ColorSync as the print engine.

Selecting "Managed by Printer" defaults to "Canon Color Matching" which will then select the Canon ICC profile corresponding to the Canon paper type selected. It is possible to go into the Color Matching dropdown and choose ColorSync, which will then allow selection of any of the profiles loaded into the computer, including third-party profiles. 

Since ICC profiles are handling color translation two papers from different companies with the same surface "whiteness" should give very similar results when printing regardless of the profile used. Some folks who are very serious in their printing results (which I am not) feel it is essential to have custom profiles created for their exact printer; they won't rely on the generic profiles created by the printer or paper supplier.

At the end of the day if you like your results that is all that counts.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes, I agree.  Thank you.

is there a way to download the basic canon pro 100 icc profiles without the printer? i used to have this printer but i gave it away for the ip8720. i still had all the pro 100 profiles on my laptop so i continued to use them with my ip8720. however, my laptop broke recently and i had to get a new one. none of my data was saved so all my profiles are lost 😞 i don't want to buy a pro 100 printer just to get the profiles. is there a way you can send the profiles to me through email? please ❤️

Just download and install the Pro-100 driver. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

i’ve tried installing the driver. however without the printer, it doesn’t download the icc profiles to my photoshop or my icc profile location. do u know how to access them with just the driver? 

What operating system?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Would you kindly give a link for the Program 1000 profiles? My printer is installed with latest drivers on my Mac OS 12.4, and LR Classic recognizes my Hahnemuele paper profile, prints with it. Most answers here say that the profiles come automatically with installation, but given the number of queries here, there needs to be a plan B!

From the bottommost post in this thread:

55B9B1CE-7999-4636-ACC9-A37D992D93E3.jpeg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

click here to view the gallery
Announcements