cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shadowy Grid on Pixma PRO-100 Prints

Michaelpage
Apprentice

I have a printing problem with several images -- there are light, barely discernable, square shadowy grid patterns  on the prints. On one print the grid lines are about 3/8" apart and on another about 5/8", both on 8 x 12" images. The images are TIFs that I created by exporting them to Photoshop for some work and then back to Lightroom. However, when I print the same images in Photoshop there is no grid. This does not happen with all my Lightroom to Photoshop and back TIFs. I have no idea what might be going on. I using a Canon Pixma 100 printer in color.

I can't see the grids in Lightroom (or Photoshop), but they show up on the Pixma preview screen. Here are shots of two different prints.  I've emphasized the grid lines which would otherwise be very faint.Grids-1.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Hi, Michaelpage!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using as we've made more than one printer with "100" in its model name, specifically the PIXMA PRO-100 and the PIXMA iP100. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Danny,

I'm using a Pro-100 purchased just last month.  I'm not sure what other information might be useful.

@Michaelpage wrote:

Hi Danny,

I'm using a Pro-100 purchased just last month.  I'm not sure what other information might be useful.

Have you run a nozzle check and aligned the print head?

Is it how you emphasized the grid pattern or is it just limited to that one area of the image? Are you sure it isn't part of the image?

Screenshot 2020-12-25 060524.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes to both questions.  Also, note the problem only occurs with a few images.  If there were printhead issues, I think every image would be off.

@Michaelpage wrote:

Yes to both questions.  Also, note the problem only occurs with a few images.  If there were printhead issues, I think every image would be off.

Sounds like it is not a printer problem.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I tend to agree.  Thank you.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
What is the background you are photographing?

Perhaps you are getting a Moire pattern?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements