Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Screen color Does not match printer colors

I know this is an issue in photoshop, not sure about lightroom...

When you print from lightroom do you have it set to have the printer manage the colors or have lightroom manage the colors?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The OP says the test image prints fine compared to screen.  It has four faces with varying skin tones:

Capture.JPG

But his skin tones, from his images, appear redder compared to screen. I don't have an explanation for that.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Regardless of which controls the printer, the outcome is the same.  I didn't have this problem when I prnted from Aperature, only from lightroom.  The other colors appear to mimic the screen.  Only faces are off.  I have tried different drivers and paper profiles.  I have also used different papers without success.  The only thing I have not tried is taking a lightroom photo to another printer.  I will do that this evening.  I have a HP 8600, not a photo printer, but it is worth a try.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Have you tried printing with Print Studio Pro?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Highlighted
VIP

@barrisster wrote:

Regardless of which controls the printer, the outcome is the same.  I didn't have this problem when I prnted from Aperature, only from lightroom.  The other colors appear to mimic the screen.  Only faces are off.  I have tried different drivers and paper profiles.  I have also used different papers without success.  The only thing I have not tried is taking a lightroom photo to another printer.  I will do that this evening.  I have a HP 8600, not a photo printer, but it is worth a try.

Are you using sRGB or Adobe RGB?  My Lightroom 6 defaults to using Adobe RGB with my RAW files.  I use an Import preset to change each imported RAW file to sRGB.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Yes, i downloaded it as you suggested and used it with only a very slight improvment.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't know what else to suggest. Since the test image prints match well with screen its not a printer issue (as you said above).

Is it all faces or just certain images?

You could check the softproofing option in Develop module and see what happens when you select diffferent paper profiles.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH