cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen color Does not match printer colors

barrisster
Contributor

I use a Pixma Pro-100 with Lightroom 6.  When I print the colors do not match what I see on the screen.  For example faces re much redded printed than when I see them on the screen.  Blues are darker.

I have calibrated my screen (Apple) using Color Munki and I put the paper profiles into the printer information.  This occurs with different papers.   I recently downloaded the lates Canon Driver for the printer, without any change in the outcome

16 REPLIES 16

I know this is an issue in photoshop, not sure about lightroom...

When you print from lightroom do you have it set to have the printer manage the colors or have lightroom manage the colors?

The OP says the test image prints fine compared to screen.  It has four faces with varying skin tones:

Capture.JPG

But his skin tones, from his images, appear redder compared to screen. I don't have an explanation for that.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Regardless of which controls the printer, the outcome is the same.  I didn't have this problem when I prnted from Aperature, only from lightroom.  The other colors appear to mimic the screen.  Only faces are off.  I have tried different drivers and paper profiles.  I have also used different papers without success.  The only thing I have not tried is taking a lightroom photo to another printer.  I will do that this evening.  I have a HP 8600, not a photo printer, but it is worth a try.

Have you tried printing with Print Studio Pro?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes, i downloaded it as you suggested and used it with only a very slight improvment.

I don't know what else to suggest. Since the test image prints match well with screen its not a printer issue (as you said above).

Is it all faces or just certain images?

You could check the softproofing option in Develop module and see what happens when you select diffferent paper profiles.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

@barrisster wrote:

Regardless of which controls the printer, the outcome is the same.  I didn't have this problem when I prnted from Aperature, only from lightroom.  The other colors appear to mimic the screen.  Only faces are off.  I have tried different drivers and paper profiles.  I have also used different papers without success.  The only thing I have not tried is taking a lightroom photo to another printer.  I will do that this evening.  I have a HP 8600, not a photo printer, but it is worth a try.

Are you using sRGB or Adobe RGB?  My Lightroom 6 defaults to using Adobe RGB with my RAW files.  I use an Import preset to change each imported RAW file to sRGB.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements