Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Replace more than one ink cartridge at a time? (Pixma Pro-100)

I have a Pixma Pro-100.  I've not used it much so I've never had to replace ink cartridges until now. All cartridges are showing at least half empty. A couple of them are getting the warning for low ink. I have replacement cartridges for all ink.

Here's my question: According to Canon's documentation, you're only supposed to replace one ink cartridge at a time. However, I've read that that wastes ink since the printer cycles through cleaning or something or other each time a cartridge is replaced. So, can I replace both low cartridges at the same time, or should I stick with the documentation and replace each one individually? Anyone replaced multiple cartridges at once, and did it cause any trouble?

Thanks

New Contributor

Re: Replace more than one ink cartridge at a time? (Pixma Pro-100)

You can replace them both at the same time.

New Contributor

Thanks. Any idea of there's an economical advantage to replacing two or more at the same time--perhaps even if one is not yet completely empty?

New Contributor

I personally don't swap out until they are empty. Ink is too expensive to throw away.

Honored Contributor

I've never seen/noticed the caveat about replacing only one at a time. I have replaced more than one at a time; no problems. 

Maybe it's just a precaution to make sure someone doesn't put wrong cartridge in a location if two or more locations are empty.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic