cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registered "Layouts" not appearing in Print Studio Pro. Using Mac-El Capitan & DPP

sjs
Apprentice

Registed "Layouts" such as "Borderless", etc ... do not appear in dropdown in Print Studio Pro (using DPP).

Clicking the "Layouts" drop down button only flashes the possible registerd layouts but they immediately disappear.

"Custom" is the only "Registered Layout" that appears to the left of the down arrow.

Mac running El Capitan along with most recent Print Studio Pro & DPP versions. Pro-10.

Anyone have a similary problem and/or solution. Thnx.

17 REPLIES 17

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Do not have that problem with Pro-100 and PSP Ver 2.0.0.

Are you using the IJ version of the printer or did the Mac install the Bonjour version?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jeremyboal
Apprentice

I have the exact same problem and it is driving me batty. 

Created an account on here just to say I'm having the same issue. I've tried everything I can think of. Updated software, updated drivers, removed software, reinstalled software. Rebooted Mac and Printer. Deleted printer from Mac and added back. 

Fresh pack of paper and I'm all excited to print. Sucks to be unable to. 

Be sure that the printer you added to Printers & Scanners is not the Bonjour printer version. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I don't believe it's a driver issue at this point, more a bug maybe with the latest version of Lightroom and the plug-in itself? 

For the other people having this issue, what version of Lightroom are you using? This is what I get from Help -> System Info...

Lightroom version: CC 2015.4 [ 1060496 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Operating system: Mac OS 10
Version: 10.11 [3]
Application architecture: x64

I had a few back and forth emails with Canon support yesterday, and they instructed me on a different way to remove everything and add it all back. That didn't help either. In fact I've found that the Canon drivers screw up my print job (bypassing PSP for now) by always having some 'communication issue' 1/3 of the way into printing. Using the apple drivers printing at least works properly, but again, the PSP plug-in still fails. 

strymeow
Apprentice

This problem is happening to me too.

Using Print Studio Pro after going to File...Automate... in Photoshop CS 5.5.

In PSP, I click the "Registered Layouts" dropdown button, the options flash for half a second, and then the dropdown options disappear. Click again, same thing.

My OS is Yosemite (10.10).

I don't think this has anything to do with the OS, though, as the same problem was happening when I first installed the software last week, and at that time I was still on 10.6 (Snow Leopard). At that time, I restarted the machine and it seemed to fix the issue.

However, the issue re-emerged last night after several days, and restarting my machine did not help.

I think it's a problem with PSP, and Canon should look into it right away.

Johnny59
Apprentice

Versión de Lightroom: 6.4 [ 1060496 ]
Sistema operativo: Mac OS 10
Versión: 10.11 [4]
Arquitectura de la aplicación: x64

Same problem here
I have noted, however, that the selection can be moved by pressing simultaneously the arrows key (up or down) with the mouse click

I hope this will help you

Update: I upgraded to the latest version of the plugin, which stated in the tech notes that it was to fix this very issue. It did not. The registered layout drop down would still disappear. Like johnny59 I was able to select different layouts by using the ridiculous process of frantically clicking my mouse and hitting the arrow key on my keyboard at the same time.

But what was worse was that with the new version, i.e. moving from 1.x to 2.0.3, the portrait/landscape buttons and the rotation buttons were updated to the same type of menu as registered layout and were thus exhibiting the same behavior.

So, the update that was supposed to fix one issue did not fix that issue and also broke other parts of the software.

I went to make a screen recording video of the issue to post here using QuickTime. PSP was open, I pulled up QT, and started the recording. However, as soon as I clicked back in PSP and tried to demonstrated the issue, the buttons that previously were malfunctioning began working as they should. I was prevented from making the video, but the buttons were working. So I couldn't complain.

i have used PSP several times since the screen recording thing, and the problem with the buttons could be best described as intermittent. Anytime the buttons start messing up,mi just open up QT, start a screen recording, and go back into PSP. The problem will magically go away, and I can stop the screen recording and use the plugin as normal.

TL;DR: if you need to use the buttons in PSP that are having this disappearing drown down issue, start a screen recording in QT and then go back into PSP. If it worked for me, maybe it will work for you too. And also this may give some insight for the brains behind this operation so that they can finally fix the problem.

virtualmx
Apprentice

Mac running Yosemite along with most recent Print Studio Pro  version. Pro-1000.

The right hand Panel is compeltely missing the "Margins"  section and the "Layout"  drop down only flashes with my mouse but works with my Wacom stylus pen. Not sure how long this has been going on but Canon needs to address this matter ASAP.

I'm evaluating the Canon ProGraf Pro-1000 for B&H and it's troubling to see an otherwise  robust plug-in have these issues.

Any solutions?

Announcements