1nan
Contributor

22B06296-20EB-4BA2-9BE2-EE70C168F4F6.jpeg

C882155B-7326-48B5-AD21-730500B84839.jpeg

 trying to print, what am I doing wrong?

11 REPLIES 11

SamanthaW

Hi!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the model of the printer you have as well as the operating system on your computer, and any other information you think might help the Community troubleshoot your issue.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please check out your other support options here.

Thanks! 

Greetings,

Search for Double Color Management.  This occurs when you tell the application software and your printer to manage the color and printing output.  It has to be one or the other, not both.

DCM.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

1nan
Contributor

Sorry, it’s. Pixma Pro 100. I have Windows

1nan
Contributor

69139BAE-3859-4345-80E6-037746D6F719.jpeg

And another I tried to print with canon paper 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Rick makes a good point. In the Pro-100 settings there is a check to turn off printer control. In Photoshop there is a setting to let PS manage color. Turn that on. Your post editor may be different if it isn't PS.

Now for starters the Pro-100 is capable to make beautiful prints. So the issue has to be with how you set up or edit your photos. Barring no faulty printer itself. Always start with Canon brand ink and paper. You must match the printer to the paper you are using. Also in the printer setup menu.

The second main most mistake people make is their monitor calibration. However, you do not need any fancy gear to set it. But you do need to do a little. Windows has a setup screen. Mac probably does too. Most monitors come with software to set them up. Whichever way you need to do it. First is your greyscale. Set it correctly, mandatory to do this.

Second most people set the contrast/brightness level way to high. There is a huge difference between colored light and colored pigment on paper. If you can't see exactly what you are printing how do you expect to ever get a good print? When you are through printing you can turn it back up if you like but I just got used to it and leave it alone.

Remember GIGO. It has to be right on screen or it ain't gonna be right on paper either.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" Canon brand ink and paper."

I got a bunch of HP photo paper dirt cheap a while back, so I thought it would do for quick prints cheaply. It is total crap. I can't get a decent print for nothing. So do make sure you have Canon brand ink and paper. I mean it prints and has color but not even in the same zip code as Canon paper. Paper makes a big difference.

If you want off brand paper try Red River. It is very good paper lots of varieties and very good customer support. They will guide you to which papers work best for the Pro-100.

EB

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

My guess about you original post sample photos is your saturation levels are way too high. That tells me your monitor is set too bright. You Pro-100 is trying to do exactly that!

EB

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

My recommendation is the first thing always to do when prints look funny is a Nozzle Check.

Screenshot 2022-11-05 140257.jpg

It does look like double profiling, but unless this is the first time you are using the printer I would assume you got successful prints before and know how to set things up.

If I'm wrong about that, what software are you using and what computer type and operating system.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I've never had good quality prints. But these were the worst. I click on the picture in my documents and print. I'm doing this from my Lenova laptop and have Windows 10.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements