cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faint Print Lines - Canon Pixma Pro 100

Luniara
Apprentice

Hello! Been a user of the Canon Pixma Pro 100 (windows) for some years now and it’s been pretty well taken care of. It’s my baby and I Love it.

I run maintenance as needed, and it doesn’t sit idle much, but recently did have a long time out.

I’ve come to notice faint print lines on a lot of my prints, mostly in areas with reds. I print mostly in Photoshop, allowing photoshop to manage colors, but still utilizing the printer properties. 

9E9797ED-4541-477F-B6CE-B635FDD74F8B.jpeg

6F78B271-0696-405C-80BF-D96149D3ACD2.jpeg

EF5BCB51-0153-4682-9407-9A72FCD62233.jpeg

6D3B62CC-4FC5-4DFE-A36D-8E9D85F960D8.jpeg

The lines happen on all types of paper, which  utilize Canon Luster and Red River Satin, along with their matching ICC profiles. I’ve gone through a deep cleaning recently and alignment. I don’t think I’m missing something in the printer settings, but if it matters, it gives me the option to select “best” instead of “standard” for print quality in the printer property selection. 

Any help would be appreciated!

1 REPLY 1

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It looks like print banding to me. They are always vertical? You have done the common things to help eliminate it?

Cleaning and alignment?

I don't know exactly how you have your Pro-100 setup but I understand you use Photoshop. I will tell you how I set mine up. First turn off all printer control.  All of it, don't let the Pro-100 control anything. Let Photoshop handle it. You can do this with the Canon My Printer under the Printer Settings tab. I use AdobeRGB color space. Let PS manage colors and match colors.  Get the gray-scale very close on your monitor in its setting tool.  You need to get the brightness / contrast very close, too. Most people tend to have the monitor set way too bright. Your printer may be doing exactly what you are telling it to.

Banding will always be worse in shadow areas so avoiding that is good but usually not easy. You are using Canon brand ink? I would say it isn't likely you have worn out the head out but it's always a possibility. If cleaning and alignment doesn't help it may be worn out.

Do the easy setup changes I recommended above first.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements