cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem printing with print studio pro plu in

morinemilie
Contributor

Hi everyone

I own the pro100 printer since 2 weeks. I could make some nice prints from the Lightroom (5.7) print module using my wireless network. I just add recently the plugin "print studio pro" but I cannot make any print. Once the plugin starts (after clicking on one image, then plugin extras, then print studio pro), I have an error message (i translate from french) " no supported printer was detected by the software. Connect a supported printer then install the driver. Print studio pro will turn off."

I got the message even I am able to print from the lightroom print module (wirelessly).

My computer is an imac running Yosemite (10.10.1).

Thanks for your help

Emilie

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

On my MacBook I check the plus "+" symbol under the Printer section. (My Pro-100 is connected via WiFi.) It took a few seconds for the IJ version of the printer to show up. The Bonjour version appears first. Once I connected to the IJ printer I deleted the Bonlour printer (using "-" button.)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

Be sure you have installed the IJ Network Tool if it isn't already installed.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

When you add the printer to your computer in System Preferences be sure you select the Canon IJ version, not the Bonjour version. That may address what is happening.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

How can I choose the Canon IJ Version when I add the printer ?

I removed and added the printer, no options were suggested.

Thanks

On my MacBook I check the plus "+" symbol under the Printer section. (My Pro-100 is connected via WiFi.) It took a few seconds for the IJ version of the printer to show up. The Bonjour version appears first. Once I connected to the IJ printer I deleted the Bonlour printer (using "-" button.)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Be sure you have installed the IJ Network Tool if it isn't already installed.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks, I realized I did not have installed IJ network tool.

Also I suspect there were a conflict with my other printer (Canon MG5300), I think i resolved by removed this printer, then open Canon studio pro, it reccognizes my Pro 100, then I added again the MG5300 and it is still working...

Now I can try this plugin

Thanks !

Emilie

Thanks JR that fixed the problem!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Emilie,

Just curious, why do you want the Canon plug-in?  You can do everything you need with just LR.  Can you not?

I have the Canon plug-in installed and working on both my CS6 and LR5.  I never use it.

I suspect the plug-in is not seeing your network.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I just want to try it, I am not very in love with the LR print module...!!

"... I am not very in love with the LR print module...!!"

I can't blame you there as I am not a big fan of it either.  My remedy is to print from Photoshop which in my opinion is very much better than LR.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements