cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro9000 Prints with Heavy Blue Cast

SilverSurfer122
Contributor

Hello all!

I have several Canon Pro9000 and Pro9000 Mark II printers. The Pro9000 Mark II printers are doing great. However, the Pro9000 printer is printing photos with a heavy blue cast to them. The blue is so heavy and so bad that any photo printed with it is destroyed.

I have tried printing both from Photoshop and from other programs, including straight from Window's photo viewer. When printing from Photoshop, I have tried both letting Photoshop manage colors and the printer manage colors. When Photoshop is managing colors, I've turn color management off for the printer (set it to None). I've made sure I have the proper paper selected, etc. It does not matter what I do, the Pro9000 still prints with a heavy blue cast.

I've tried switching from Auto to Manual in an attempt to reduce the blue. But even if I have the first slider (labeled Cyan) slid all the way to the red side and the third slider (labeled Yellow) slid all the way over to yellow, I am still getting a heavy blue, but now the images are too red and too yellow, etc.

What can I do to figure out what is going on with this printer? It used to print properly, so I am not sure what changed. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

PS - I am running Windows 8.1, 64-bit.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Is it just one printer that has the problem?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

Am I to understand, two different printers?  Several computers?  Plus any software doesn't matter?  Smiley Frustrated

You do know how impossibile this is?

You have a bad supply of ink.  Are you using genuine Canon ink?  Or, I am back to my first thought, the print heads have failed. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

First thing to see is if the printer is functioning correctly. Did you try to print a nozzle check test pattern?

Go to Control Panel>Devices and Printers>select your printer>right click Printer Properties:

Capture2.JPG

Select Maintenance:

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes. That is one of the first things I did as I suspected a clogged nozzle. The check test pattern prints fine.

Since the printer seems to be working correctly, and since other printers print correctly using the same software that doesn't print well with the Pro-9000 it seems its a problem with the Pro-9000 printing path.

I don't have an answer, but if it was me I would delete and reinstall the printer driver.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Pro9000 drivers and rebooted. It has not fixed the problem. The printer is still printing with a heavy blue tint to everything.

I do appreciate the help, though.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Let's see all your 9500's print OK?   All your 9000's printing blueish?

How many printers are we talking here?  If it were just one 9000, I would say the print head is trashed.  But if it is two or several, man I don't know.

I think I would go over all the settings again caefully.  Because you have to have something set wrong.  You can try reinstalling but I doubt it helps.  Make sure the monitor is right, make sure PS is doing all the profile handling.  Make sure the printer is not.

Go back and set PS the sRGB, nothing higher at this point.

EB

I don't have any 9500's. I have two Pro9000's and four Pro9000 Mark II's. The Mark II's all print fine from the same computer(s). Both of the Pro9000's (non-Mark II) are printing with the heavy blue tint.

The monitor being right should not be an issue here. After all, what I see is what I get with the Pro9000 Mark II's.

I've tried both letting Photoshop handle all the color profiling and letting the printer do it. I get the same blue tinting. Just FYI - I cannot always use Photoshop to print. I do event photos where I am using a Hot Folder for printing. In cases like this, Photoshop is not even running. That's when I need the printer to handle color profiling (the hot folder software I currently use has not control over this). Again, this works fine with the Pro9000 Mark II's.

I've played with numerous settings and nothing is removing the blue tinting. I thought it might be the print heads, but the check nozzle pattern looks like it is printing just fine. This is why I am confused.

"I uninstalled and reinstalled the Pro9000 drivers and rebooted. It has not fixed the problem."

This doesn't not surprise me as it rarely is a driver causing your condition.

"I don't have any 9500's."

OK, sorry for the confudion I meant 9000 and 9000 Mk II, of course.

It is odd that both of the printers is doing the same thing.  Both are printing blueish!  Let me recap.  All is good to go with the 9000 Mk II's and the computer and monitor all all on board?  Hmm, I am wondering if the two are conflicting each other?  Maybe the 9000's are using the 9000 Mk II's drivers?  Can you uninstall the Mk II's and try again.

If it were not both printers, I would have said the print head is toast but I suppose both could go at the same time.  Don't waste any more ink cleaning.

EB

While I have not uninstalled the Mark II drivers, I do not think this is the issue. The reason being that the UI when you access printer properties for both the Pro9000 and the Mark II is very different. So, it seems that both are accessing the correct drivers (else I think I would see the same UI no matter which printer I was attempting to use).

I know and I would normally agree but it is something to try.  At least disable it and see but I believe you will have to completely uninstall it to be certain.  Each driver can a different UI but still revert back to one to print.

It is puzzleing that it happens to two machines at the same time.  It almost has to be the computer. 

EB
Announcements