cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 1000 white streaks on Matte paper only

jhelbraun
Apprentice

I recenty purchased a used Pro 1000 large format photography printer. I started printing on Canon Pro Luster paper as that's often sold with this printer. (I also bought Canon Matte and some sample sets from other brands.) Once I'd calibrated color, learned to prepare my images for printing, and had been through various head- and system-cleaning functions, I made a few of my favorite images on the Pro Luster paper, all good.

When I tried the same images on the Matte paper, I saw white streaks, and one very persisten one about 1/4" into the image up and down the left side. Turned the image upside down and the streak was there on the right now, so the problem was in the printer, not the image. Went through head-cleaning, deep head-cleaning etc. Before moving on to system cleaning, I decided to try the Pro Luster paper again. 

Sure enough, no streak. So the difference is in how the printer is interacting with the paper. I'm thinking an adjustment is needed in the rollers? That there is something mechanical that's creating this line only on the matte paper? Ideas?

Thanks, Jenny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry, I don't have any other thoughts.

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Is the paper Premium Matte? Maybe you need to select the prevent abrasion setting?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you for this response. The paper is regular Matte. I tried selecting the prevent abrasion setting and proofing on the Matte I have, and the line is still there. 

I do have sampler packs of a bunch of non-Canon matte papers to try, maybe I will move on to them. I expected to prefer the look of these images on matte paper, but actually prefer how they look on the Pro Luster to the Canon Matte (line aside). Still learning about papers.

If you have further ideas on what mechanical issues could be making this happen, I'd appreciate hearing them.

Thanks, Jenny

Sorry, I don't have any other thoughts.

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements