cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 1000 and wrong color with Adobe

maucamo
Enthusiast

F8D54B4E-74FF-447F-93B3-9E4A9DAC521C.jpegHallo, pro1000 mac Catalina last update and Lightroom and Photoshop last update.Drivers are updated nozzle check ok color calibration done.
I have bad colors, especially red/magenta are printed in orange with Lightroom/Photoshop printer box. With Canon studio pro software all are ok. I use ICC profile self created and the are correct. It could be due to adobe? Ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok, I don't know if an Adobe update or Mac Osx, but deleting the printer and printer preference than re-installing drivers all work well. 

Pay attention. When Catalina makes updates, pinter drivers could need to be re-installed

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

maucamo
Enthusiast

Tried to re-install drivers and print an evaluation image on Canon pro luster. 3 prints, On top left printed via photoshop and cannon managed, on bottom left printed via photoshop then Qimage and canon managed, on the right photoshop + canon pro studio and canon managed. On Photoshop or Qimage strawberries are more orange and green/blue gradients not correct; Canon print studio works fine. So, printer is ok, driver update.IMG_0831.jpg

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I have bad colors, especially red/magenta are printed in orange with Lightroom/Photoshop..."

It looks more like an exposure problem than a color.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

No, exposure is perfect, the problem is color shift printing with adobe software

Can you post a screenshot of the printer dialogue screen settings in Photoshop?

What happens if you print directly from Lightroom with printer managing color?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ps manage.jpgPrinting direct from lightroom with printer managing color is the same, colors are wrong. Printing form lightroom to Canon pro studio with prinetr managing color works well.ps.jpg

@maucamo wrote:

ps manage.jpgPrinting direct from lightroom with printer managing color is the same, colors are wrong. Printing form lightroom to Canon pro studio with prinetr managing color works well.ps.jpg

I think you need to select the proper ICC profile in the printer driver. 

66F6D793-0A7D-4838-9AF4-9E2A0C173521.jpeg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

No  if I keep printer to manage colors, I cannot select profiles on photoshop/lightroom. I only can set media type on driver, other choices are greyed. In any case, why if I print via Canon software (both icc management and printer management) all are ok?

Thanks

Maybe it works different on the Pro-100, but when I select Print Settings (as directed by the alert notice in Photoshop) and go to Color Matching dropdown I can select an ICC profile.

Elk in Rut.jpg @ 100% (RGB:8) 2020-06-09 08-37-25.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you 

Announcements