cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 1000 and wrong color with Adobe

maucamo
Enthusiast

F8D54B4E-74FF-447F-93B3-9E4A9DAC521C.jpegHallo, pro1000 mac Catalina last update and Lightroom and Photoshop last update.Drivers are updated nozzle check ok color calibration done.
I have bad colors, especially red/magenta are printed in orange with Lightroom/Photoshop printer box. With Canon studio pro software all are ok. I use ICC profile self created and the are correct. It could be due to adobe? Ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok, I don't know if an Adobe update or Mac Osx, but deleting the printer and printer preference than re-installing drivers all work well. 

Pay attention. When Catalina makes updates, pinter drivers could need to be re-installed

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

I'm not sure how i can help then.

If I select LR or PS manages colors and select the appropriate ICC profile I get correct prints.

If I select printer manages colors, choose ColorSync and select the appropriate ICC profile in Print Settings I get correct prints.

If I understood your previous post correctly you get correct prints with PSP. All PSP does is select the correct settings in LR or PS. It does nothing you can't do outside of PSP if you select the correct settings. I have verified this many times.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Ok, I don't know if an Adobe update or Mac Osx, but deleting the printer and printer preference than re-installing drivers all work well. 

Pay attention. When Catalina makes updates, pinter drivers could need to be re-installed

@maucamo wrote:

Hello, I ran across this thread while investigating another issue.  I think I had the same problem a few days ago.  In my case, printing from the print driver is Photoshop generated incorrect color prints, but everything printed fine when using Canon's Professional Print & Layout application.  I was even using the same test image as the OP to debug this and getting similar incorrect colors.  I'm also running MacOS Catalina.  I suspected a corrupted print driver because as part of my testing, I installed the print driver on another mac on my network also running Catalina and that printed through PS fine.

As the OP discovered, reinstalling the driver fixed the issue but you also need to delete and add the printer again (just reinstalling the driver didn't fix it).

Yeah, basically when you do any system upgrade (even minor) you have to remove the printer, delete the drivers and install them again. I do that every time just in case, because I don't want to waste ink and paper for testing the prints twice. It became my habit 🙂

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

John this is an exposure issue. Not a color issue.  The left print is darker and will show a different color tone. To match colors you must have exact exposure on each.

"I'm not sure how i can help then.

If I select LR or PS manages colors and select the appropriate ICC profile I get correct prints.

If I select printer manages colors, choose ColorSync and select the appropriate ICC profile in Print Settings I get correct prints.

If I understood your previous post correctly you get correct prints with PSP. All PSP does is select the correct settings in LR or PS. It does nothing you can't do outside of PSP if you select the correct settings. I have verified this many times."

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

No, exposure is correct. It seem darker because it is a photo made with phone. Originals are perfect, same exposure. Prints are the same photos printedScansione.jpeg with different software.

Hi maucamo,

If you would like assistance with this matter in real time, you can call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST. If you have not created a Canon Account, please click HERE.

We look forward to hearing from you.

@maucamo Bought the printer 2 days ago (a used one) and I have the exact same issue, although I haven't try to print with Canon Pro Studio yet. But either way event if it works with the Studio don't want to waste ink and paper until it will work as expected from everywhere.

Have you managed to solve the issue?

Regards

[edit] Tried Canon Pro Studio, but can't make it to print with Driver Matching and Relative Colormetric rendering intent. Printing with Perceptual intent prints the gradients much smoother, but I suppose that they should also look right with Relative? 

@maucamo
I solved the issue just by not letting the driver to manage colors. That profile it selects, "Canon IJ Color something..." is totally wrong, don't use it. Just let PS manage the colors and select a color profile manually from ones provided with drivers ("Canon PRO-1000/500 Photo..."), or use a custom ICC profile for that particular paper.
Announcements