cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 100 - plain paper normal, other paper terrible output

stephenv2
Contributor

Just got a Pro 100 off Craiglist, factory sealed, never used. Setup, all nozzle check, alignment print great. HQ Photo prints on plain paper looks fine. Printer came with Canon Luster and Photo Pro Plus Semi-glossy. Prints from two different machines, both from Photoshop and Canon Print App look terrible - blotchy, wet, low rez like tiny highly compressed file.

I triple check paper settings, etc. I can't see how if print head or cartidges were messed up that plain paper would be fine but other papers bad. But these are Canon paper bundled with printer using Canon profiles.

Windows 7 64, latest driver and apps from Canon website.

16 REPLIES 16

Ah the plot thickens. Printed same files on same paper using default settings in  Canon Print Studio Pro, beautiful. So standard Photoshop and EasyPrint Photo EX don't work at all for some reason. I will see what Canon's says but ti's looking now very much like a software/driver problem and not a mechanical printer problem.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Please post any resolution Canon provides for future reference, but processing in PS and printing via PSP is a good workflow.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Will do!

If you go to File->Preferences in EZPhotoPrint you could try selecting ICC profile or None rather than Auto. that might be the source of problem.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

thanks!

Was there a resolution to this? I'm having the same probem on a Pro-10.  When I select Plain paper and use plain paper it prints fine. When I select Glossy and use Glossy, colors are blotchy and in some areas incorrect color.  One other symptom is if I select Plain Paper,  but use Glossy paper. it prints correctly.  The problem seemed to occur out of nowhere. I printed multiple large prints yesteray fine, today only prints colors correctly if I select "plain paper".    Any suggestions would be very appreciated. 

Thanks.......... 

MDB1
Apprentice

Was there ever a solution to this? After awhile of being away from printing, I started again. My Pro100 prints fine on plain paper, but has a blue cast that shows us instead of gray on luster or glossy papers. I am using a M2 Macbook Pro with the latest OS installed. Printing from Lightroom and Preview produces the same results, as does choosing either control by canon printer, or colorsynch through the Mac.  

Announcements