cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 only prints clearly if set to high resolution paper, high quality print, single sided

GatsbyCat
Apprentice

Our MX922 started printing "normal", standard printouts poorly, fuzzy, or characters doubled.  The funny thing is if the printer is set to "high resolution paper" (even if paper is just normal paper) and "high quality", the printer prints *very* slowly, but very clearly.  The printer is obviously physically capable of creating crisp output but it will only do so in the situation above.  This isn't acceptable because the "high quality" printing is very slow, and it does not allow 2-sided printing.  Is this something that can be fixed with a driver or firmware update, or is this a hardware problem?  Suggestions welcome, thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

To begin troubleshooting, I would clean the encoder strip in the printer by using the steps HERE

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

GatsbyCat
Apprentice

Thank you for the suggestion, I had cleaned the encoder strip a couple of times, and all other cleaning/maintenance suggestions.  In the end I just gave up and bought a TR8620a, which is performing quite well so far.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements