cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 100 - plain paper normal, other paper terrible output

stephenv2
Contributor

Just got a Pro 100 off Craiglist, factory sealed, never used. Setup, all nozzle check, alignment print great. HQ Photo prints on plain paper looks fine. Printer came with Canon Luster and Photo Pro Plus Semi-glossy. Prints from two different machines, both from Photoshop and Canon Print App look terrible - blotchy, wet, low rez like tiny highly compressed file.

I triple check paper settings, etc. I can't see how if print head or cartidges were messed up that plain paper would be fine but other papers bad. But these are Canon paper bundled with printer using Canon profiles.

Windows 7 64, latest driver and apps from Canon website.

16 REPLIES 16

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

One possibilkity is that you are printing on the wrong side of the paper. It is difficult to tell the correct side. Wet a finger and touch a corner of the paper; the print side will feel tacky.

For a good resource on printing with the PRO-100:

Google "jtoolman youtube pro-100"

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Paper has watermark, definetly not the problem. I already googled that.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Since you Photoshop try printing with Canon Print Studio Pro plugin to PS.

And just confirming that when you load printer the print surface faces you.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes and in my original post I tried just using the bundled Easy Print Canon app or whatever it's called EX or EZ photo print. Same result as Photoshop. Again, plain paper output looks good (other than limits of photo on plain paper).

Your display looks like this?

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes exactly. Also just standard Photoshop CC print using ICC profile. Both resulted in same terrible output on those papers

Give canon support a call then. I have always found them helpful. 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yeah, that is what my plan is at this point. The google hit that comes up for this issue is printing on wrong side of paper.

Thanks again for trying to help.
Announcements