Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: Prints are not centered - Canon Pixma Pro 100

[ Edited ]

PS One thing I've also tried is creating a 4x6 new document, onto which I drag the 3.8x5.8 image, flatten the layers, then print the 4x6 document/image. Nada...still off centered.

PSPS I've also tried printing with both File>Print through Photoshop CS6 and Canon's Print Studio Pro...

Honored Contributor

Hi Mike. I’m away from home, so I can’t access the on screen manual. There are minimum margins for each size paper, and the top and bottom are different sizes. The minimum might be larger than the 0.1 you are trying to use.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
New Contributor

Was this ever resolved?  I seem to have the exact problem described here.

Honored Contributor

Welcome to the forum netslacker.

From the Canon OnScreen Manual 4x6 paper has one imposed margin of 0.2 inches (more precisely 5mm).

Thus if you don't set all your margins at 5mm you won't get a centered photo.

Annotation 2019-12-30 120104.jpg

You need a maximum cell size of 3.6 inces by 5.6 inches.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I do borderless printing on my Canon Pixma 100 and have been running into this issue with various paper types. Is there a recommended fix to ensure my prints come out perfectly centered?

My prints usually are just slightly off in some unpredictable direction (sometimes despite doing "borderless" printing, the art print that I print has a colored border along the edges and this is where I notice the slight off-centeredness the most clearly).

New Contributor

same exact issue here. I am no longer using my Pro 100. I order from the lab instead so I am now seeking a new printer and not a canon one.
New Contributor

When did all of these margins come about ? I have been printing borderless 4x6 and now all of a sudden I can't. It is a new issue.