Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: Prints are not centered - Canon Pixma Pro 100

[ Edited ]

@TCampbellwrote:

Jose does have a video on it.  Did you check the video McNeese linked?

As I recall, the trick was to go into the page setup, select the option for borderless printing (which lets the margins go to 0) and then define the margin you really want to create the border.

I did that - my print had more/less 3mm (like I set it) border on 3 sides and on one side it went borderless - despite me setting this up to print ~3mm border on each side

VIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKw70cY5xFE

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
New Contributor

I have the exact same problem, but I'm using MacOS. I have tried this with both Lightroom and Apple Photos app, and the picutres are always not centered, please post the solution if you find it, thank you

Omar

New Contributor

I followed your guide John, problem persists. See attached photo.

IMG_1110.JPG

Occasional Contributor

Prints are not centered - Canon Pixma Pro 100

[ Edited ]

I use an iMac (27 inch, Late 2013) currently with macOS Mojave (Version 10.14.5) loaded with Photoshop CS6 to edit my images then send to a Canon Pixma Pro 100 for printing. I've tried printing from both File>Print (changing settings according to the size and kind of paper I'm using) and also Canon Print Studio Pro (version 223). Both have issues and the amount of wasted paper and ink getting the borders I want is good for Canon (at least the ink) but extremely costly for me. However, I seem to be able to get closest to what I want most consistently with File>Print. Close is not good enough and by "consistently" I mean not having to waste as much paper/ink with File>Print as I do with Canon Print Studio "Pro". Does anyone else use the same or similar equipment and programs and have a similar experience? Maybe between us we can find what we want and be able to repeat from one print to the next. Thanks. Mike

VIP

Welcome Mike. I will try to assist.

Can you describe and/or post a screen shot of your settings so I can see exactly what you are trying to do?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Occasional Contributor

Hi John...thanks for taking a look. I have used all kinds of different settings using both programs (Photoshop's File>Print and the Canon Print Studio Pro). Not sure I can get to it anymore today (Sunday, July 14), but when I do, I will post settings for the specific program I use at that time that do not give me the results I was expecting. Does this work for you? Otherwise, please let me know if there is anything specifically you want me to post. Thanks again John. Mike

VIP

That's fine.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Occasional Contributor

Thanks John. I'll try to get the first settings posted later today, maybe not until this evening...

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi John...imagine trying every setting possible for what I'm trying to do. There's just too much for me to screenshot and post. To start with, I'm trying to print on a 4x6 sheet with an image sized 3.8 x 5.8, which should leave me with a thin, evenly spaced border around the image. Nada. If you still want to help, maybe we could get started with a few questions asking what I've tried (or should be trying). I understand if you prefer not to go any further. I probably need to call canon and find out if a techie can remote access my iMac and see if they can make it happen. Thanks John. Mike