cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prints are not centered - Canon Pixma Pro 100

orkusmg
Contributor

I've read through similar posts here and for none of those fix was provided due to (apparently) lack of details - I wil try to describe issue best I can.

So - problem is simple. I do not want to print boarderless. I want boarders.

Every print, from 2 different computers (Win7 Pro 64bit and Windows 10 Pro 64bit - both with latest updates) is NOT centered.

When paper sits in printer tray (prior printing) the TOP BOARDER and after the print (if printed landscape orientated) makes it then RIGHT BOARDER is shorter (narrower) then the opposite one. Print is not centered.

Conditions of printing:

- I have latest drivers installed from internet (File Version 1.06)

- Problem seem to touch every software I print from: Excel, Photoshop CC 2018, Lightroom CC 2018, Lightroom Classic CC 2018, Canon Print Studio Pro (latest version just installed)

- Problem touches every print size: these I tried: 4"x6" (10x15cm - in reality 101.6mm x 152.4mm) and these from table below

A3+329 x 48313 x 19
A3297 × 42011.7 × 16.5
A4210 × 2978.3 × 11.7

- All prints are made exclusively on original Canon papers of various sizes of models listed below:

• PT-101
  • PP-201
  • SG-201
  • MP-101

- For all prints I select corresponding with paper ICC profile, I've got callibrated monitor too. Nothing wrong with color or brightness, (for Photoshop I let photoshop manage the collors and I double check "Printer settings" options for orientation, color management, quality, paper size etc.)

- In all mentioned applications (except excell - being honest) I have used standard (included) print sizes listed above and ALSO I have created custom print sizes taken from exact measurements of paper, and I mean EXACT. In all cases prints are NOT centered.

- I have tested prints on both "Prevent paper abrasion" and "Detect paper width" options enabled/disabled in any combination. In every possible combination - prints are NOT centered.

- I have tested to print (using vaiety of above combination of papers/settings etc.) using both WS (8bit) and XPS (16bit) drivers and here results are: prints are NOT centered (on both)....

- I have created new prints from scratch (using Photoshop) heaving stndard AND measured dimensions of all above papers and used all possible combination of centering/scaling to fit etc options - In all cases prints are NOT centered.

Ok - I can not think of any other printing conditions from top of my head, if I missed something - please leat me know. 

So dear Canon - are able to resolve problem that seems to be touching intermittently all Canon printers from PRO series? 

26 REPLIES 26

omaralamoudi
Apprentice

I have the exact same problem, but I'm using MacOS. I have tried this with both Lightroom and Apple Photos app, and the picutres are always not centered, please post the solution if you find it, thank you

Omar

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Hi Mike. I’m away from home, so I can’t access the on screen manual. There are minimum margins for each size paper, and the top and bottom are different sizes. The minimum might be larger than the 0.1 you are trying to use.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

netslacker
Apprentice

Was this ever resolved?  I seem to have the exact problem described here.

Welcome to the forum netslacker.

From the Canon OnScreen Manual 4x6 paper has one imposed margin of 0.2 inches (more precisely 5mm).

Thus if you don't set all your margins at 5mm you won't get a centered photo.

Annotation 2019-12-30 120104.jpg

You need a maximum cell size of 3.6 inces by 5.6 inches.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi, I do borderless printing on my Canon Pixma 100 and have been running into this issue with various paper types. Is there a recommended fix to ensure my prints come out perfectly centered?

My prints usually are just slightly off in some unpredictable direction (sometimes despite doing "borderless" printing, the art print that I print has a colored border along the edges and this is where I notice the slight off-centeredness the most clearly).

When did all of these margins come about ? I have been printing borderless 4x6 and now all of a sudden I can't. It is a new issue.

Shellette
Apprentice
same exact issue here. I am no longer using my Pro 100. I order from the lab instead so I am now seeking a new printer and not a canon one.
Announcements