cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro

regmikewall
Contributor

Besides adobe PS, LR or PSE, what other photo applications can use Print Studio Pro.  I use On1, Luminar, & Aurora?

Thanks in advance for your help

Mike

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Your posted screen is Print Settings. Print Setup radio button is in top right. I am betting that screen will have you choose a media type. You are set up to have printer manage, so the driver will select the correct ICC profile,

There is nothing wrong with treating the profiles I sent you as third party and selecting tem as you would a third party paper, but it isn't necessary. The macOS system will do it as well.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

John

Thank you,

Mike

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

regmikewall
Contributor

I forgot to say I have a MAC running 10.13 (hight sierra)

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Only other program is Canon Digital Photo Professional. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

regmikewall
Contributor
Thanks

Another question - I can only locate the .icc profile for Canon photo paper as a bundle, is there somewhere where the are individual .icc can be found

All the Canon profiles for Canon papers are installed as part of the printer driver installation. They will show up in your photo editing software. Not familiar ith any bundle (other than the Canon supplied third party profile package).

2018-10-19.png

The top six profiles are the Canon profiles for Canon paper.

Here is where you can download third party profiles:

2018-10-19 (1).png

You ca find the actual profiles here:

2018-10-19 (2).png

The Canon profiles are the ones with "CN..."

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John, thank you, I see you have a Windows computer, I have a MAC, slightly different.  As is turns out, according to Canon, the .icc files for Canon Paper are not individual files but are a bundle that is loaded and they are not found on a Mac like they are on your PC. 

If someone out there who has a MAC know where they are located, like they are on a PC, please let me know.

thanks John for your responses and help.

Mike

Follow the path at the bottom of the screen shot. The starting point would be your Mac HD.

Fullscreen_10_19_18__4_11_PM.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John, Thanks, unfortunately, for the MAC Canon bundled all their .icc profiles as a "bundle" can't get inside it so I am unfortunately not able to get to the individual profiles like you.  Can you copy and send me them to my email address

regina.michael80@gmail.com

Thanks 

Mike

There should be no reason to get into the “bundles”. You photo software print module will allow you to either have the printer manage the printing (in which case you select a paper and the printer driver selects the media type and ICC profile), or you select the application to manage printing and you select the media type and ICC profile. 

I am confused as to why you want to get at the actual profiles. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

regmikewall
Contributor
When I print a photo from preview on my Mac to my pro-100, I have to select the paper profile, Canon paper does not show up only the 3rd party profiles. Hope this explains why I am trying to get the canon paper profiles. I should note that in print studio pro I get them, put sometimes I just want to print a photo without opening a PSE
Announcements