cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro Windows 10 installation issues

mnscheu
Contributor

Hello,

I've just purchased a Pixma PRO-10 and am really struggling with getting the print studio pro plugin working with Adobe Photoshop CC 2020(version 21.x) running on Windows 10 Home.

I just tried to restarting the whole process from a clean slate, so I uninstalled and reinstalled all the canon drivers and software I could find, but for some reason I cannot remove Print Studio Pro(version 2.2.3) from the system.  Whenever I click 'Uninstall' via Windows -- the UAC pop-up appears, I click yes to proceed, and then the uninstaller disappears and nothing happens.  If I try and reinstall PSP again using the latest driver from Canon's website I am able to click through the installer prompts normally, and after accepting the EULAs and choosing an install destination and clicking 'Next' the installer disappears and nothing happens again.  No files are extracted to the destination I've selected, and nothing shows up in the "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Plug-ins" directory.

I am at a loss as to what to do next other than reinstalling windows completely and I really don't want to have to do that.  The printer is of little value to me if I cannot get PSP integrated with Photoshop, so any help would be very much appreciated 😞

If there are any additional details I can provide that would help troubleshoot this please let me know.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you think you want to tweak the printer output you can create a pattern print. You can select varies mixes of C, Y, M or brightness contrast.

Annotation 2020-07-01 143711.jpg

You will get a print like this

Annotation 2020-07-01 143913.jpg

Pick the one you like best and dial in the settings.

Then you can save a special file that you can recall and select when you want.

Annotation 2020-07-01 144030.jpg

I've never found the need for that since my printer output is close enough for my needs, but I'm not selling prints.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

In Photoshop you can have the printer manage color or the application manage color. I recommend you have the application manage color.

Here are the settings you want to select":

Annotation 2020-07-01 141929.jpg

The profile is the one that applies to the paper you are using.

When you select Print Settings the print driver will open.

Follow these steps and this will turn off printer color management.

Annotation 2020-07-01 142235.jpg

Annotation 2020-07-01 142324.jpgThen you need to select the media type (i.e.paper), where you will be printing from and the print quality.

In the page setup tab you will select paper size.

You will also want to go the following website and download the test image.

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

You open the image in your printing software and print it without making any adjustments to the print.

If everything is OK then you should get a "perfect" print. Study the print and the guidance in the website.

Once you are satisfied with the print compare the print to your computer display. If the display doesn't look very close to the print (they will never be exact) you need to adjust. Assuming you have a decent display the biggest discrepancy will probably brightness. Displays are usually too bright.

I'll be back with more.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

If you think you want to tweak the printer output you can create a pattern print. You can select varies mixes of C, Y, M or brightness contrast.

Annotation 2020-07-01 143711.jpg

You will get a print like this

Annotation 2020-07-01 143913.jpg

Pick the one you like best and dial in the settings.

Then you can save a special file that you can recall and select when you want.

Annotation 2020-07-01 144030.jpg

I've never found the need for that since my printer output is close enough for my needs, but I'm not selling prints.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Wow, thank you so much for replying with such a thorough response!  I'm realizing now that I am such a newbie that I didn't even know what question I should have asked in the first place. I'm going to experiment with all of your suggestions, because I see now that the plug-in isn't really what I'd thought it was. Thanks so much for the guidance, it's been really helpful!

probertson
Contributor

Mine's not working either and I got a message that Print Studio Pro can't be run in the latest LR version (10.1) I have. Printing colors have turned dull.  Tried troubleshooting everything, including, turning off color mgt. on the printer, making sure I'm using the right paper profile, cleaning the nozzles, updating drivers, trying to add Print Studio Pro in LR (not supported).  Still getting dull colors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Screenshot 2020-12-29 120449.jpgScreenshot 2020-12-29 120529.jpg

PSP is running on my W10 PC with LR 10.1, so we need to see what is happening with your computer.

Are you trying toi install the latest version of PSP V2.2.3?

What printer are you using?

Has there been a W10 update between when the printing was good and now that it is dull?

Download the test image from this site:

Printing Insights #49 (outbackphoto.com)

Open the image in Lightroom and print it; do not make any adjustments in Lightroom.

How does the print look?

Check your Private Messages.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Are you trying toi install the latest version of PSP V2.2.3?

What printer are you using?

Has there been a W10 update between when the printing was good and now that it is dull?

Download the test image from this site:

Printing Insights #49 (outbackphoto.com)

Open the image in Lightroom and print it; do not make any adjustments in Lightroom.

How does the print look?

Yes, trying to install V2.2.3

Using a Pixma Pro 10

My Dell XPS is uptodate.

I downloaded the image, imported into LR, printed several times. Reds, oranges not coming out good.

Print Studio Pro shows up in Plugin Manager and is enabled.  When I go to Plugin Extras and click on PSP I get an error message that it can't be found.  When I go to C:/program files/canon/PrintStudioPro I see the file CNPSPPILR.lrdevplugin but not the exe file.   Actually, the exe file is in there too.  Not sure why LR is saying it can't be found

Also, I see the Application file in the PSP folder.  LR is giving me an error message that it can't find it there.

Announcements