cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro9000 MkII Kooky Colors After Replacing G Ink Tank

johnmjoy
Apprentice

I know, it's an old printer.  Just wondering if anyone else has seen something like this, and if it can be fixed.

Green ran out.  I had a spare.  Put it in.  Colors WAY off, as in:

20210104_072954.jpg

printing as:

20210211_113801.jpg

Replaced the green tank with another (and yes, all of them are genuine Canon inks).  No change.  Tried clean and deep clean, no change.  Ran a nozzle check page - looks like this:

20210211_113539.jpg

Weird colors and bars missing on several in bank 1.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver (WIn10) - same.  Oddly, SOMETIMES spot color prints correctly out of Word (including green) and sometime it doesn't (green prints as yellow or blue).  Photos out of Photoshop are always bad, regardless of color match or paper settings.

Has anyone seen this before?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi johnmjoy,

When you call the number, they will be able to let you know what is available and how much the discount is.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

When you say green ran out, did you stop printing and replace or did you continue to print until no green printed?

Have you tried a nozzle cleaning or deep cleaning?

Can you print a screen shot of the ink level page?

Screenshot 2021-02-11 164104.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

It complained it was running out, it finally said green was out and stopped printing, at which I took the green from my cabinet, unwrapped it, and installed it.  Ink level showed fine.  This is no different from what I've done countless times before.

What was different: the colors.  

Yep, both nozzle cleaning and deep cleaning.  Same.  It just complained about cyan so I replaced that.  Now it's complaing black is running low, but if I had to guess it's due to all the cleanings in an attempt to get it to work.  I'm not fond of buying any more ink for this creature if it's not reparable.

CanonInk.jpg

You could try unlatching and reseating the print head, but it looks like the head has malfunctioned. Could be a coincidence is guess; no reason just changing a cartridge should cause what you are seeing.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi johnmjoy,

Once all of the empty ink tanks are replaced, please print another nozzle check.  If the nozzle check does not print correctly, please perform 2 deep cleanings.  If the nozzle check still does not print correctly, your PIXMA Pro9000 would require service.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30 PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 weekdays and Saturdays after 11 AM ET (8 AM PT). Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Pro9000 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Tried it - same result.  

Would the upgrade offer apply to a bigger/better unit?  I'd love to move into an imagePrograf PRO-1000 Smiley Happy

Hi johnmjoy,

When you call the number, they will be able to let you know what is available and how much the discount is.

Pro-1000 is on the way. Smiley Very Happy

Announcements