cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro100S smudging/bleeding

chloesims
Contributor

Hey! 

So, i've had a trouble with my printer ever since I got it +/- 4-5 months ago that it sometimes bleeds my artwork. I notice it's mostly only the darker colours (blacks against browns/greys etc) that do this and its only on areas of non text (so when I draw something with the pen tool on AI, it will do this.. sometimes.) 

Is there anyway to counter this? I'm saving my files from Illustrator as PDF's and JPG to print but they both give the same bleeding effect. 

Here is what this design looks like.... 

As you can see, the arms/grey of the shirt/trousers etc are fine but his bag strap, and the sun/trees/birds and bag are all bleeding against each other.

Sort of losing the will to live with this right now, so if anyone knows what I can do change this. That would be great! 

Alan.jpg

23 REPLIES 23

Try selecting ColorSync, not Canon Color Matching and then select a matte paper option.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I did Colorsync, matte paper, + the profile id of GL2.icc.

the blue is much better...but now the blacks are smudged 😞

My printer shows a different driver screen. When I select ColorSync Automtic shows up and then the IJSeries profile. Try selecting that one and see what happens. 

Since you aren’t using photo paper you may not be able to get good results with dye type inks. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Another thing to try would be selecting plain paper media type. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements