cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 9000 Mark II 'Filter' failed message

franfield49
Apprentice

My Pixma Pro 9000 Mark II printer will print a perfect test print, but when I try to print a simple 4 x 6 from Photoshop CC 2020 on my iMac running Mohave 10.14.6, I get the message "Stop printing of all jobs to this printer"  and "Stopped -- 'Filter' failed, 1 page". Does this have something to do with the overflow reservoir?  The printer has been idle for a while, but the ink tanks are fine and the nozzle check looks perfect. What's going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you very much for that information.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

yes the first that I did was Library/printer/canon and sent to trash the driver pro 9000MII and empty trash, after that ,in system preferences with minus button i delete the printer , and proceeded to install it again. and when i try to print anything the same message filter failed, i dont know if threre and other file that i need to erase.

Thanks for your Help

Luis Bencid

lab
Apprentice
I just erase the driver for pro 9000MII because ia have an other printer thats works perfect

It looks like Apple and/or Canon fixed the problem. Apple no longer supplies the printer driver for the Pro 9000, but Canon's printer drivers on their website works properly now.

I have this issue too. I JUST bought this off someone for $200 and had no idea it was no longer supported. This really sucks. 

Stellarspace
Contributor

Apple provides printer drivers for most printers. There's no need to upgrade to a new inkjet printer unless it no longer works. I can confirm that the Apple provided printer drivers for the Pro 9000 Mark II is functional and works just fine. You have to uninstall the previous drivers by deleting the following folder: /Library/Printers/Canon/

UPDATE:

Apple no longer provides the printer drivers for the Pro 9000, but the printer drivers from Canon's website work without error.

Stellarspace:   Thank you for that solution!  I guess I'm not surprised Apple has an answer; it's a bit disappointing that Canon couldn't provide that same answer since I have been a loyal Canon customer for so many years and they should know that. What i have done for the moment is use an older MacPro that I have running an older OS that will run the 9000.  I will keep this idea of yours in mind for possible future use with my current Mac. Thanks again!

Does the Apple driver allow access to all the printer functions, fine art paper choices, etc.?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, it does, but the Apple provided drivers are no longer necessary because the Canon drivers from the website work without error.

Hello,  I am incredibly inept at the computer stuff and I have this same issue going on with this printer and my OS 10.14.  You menitoned Apple provided the driver, where would I find this information?  I searched on Apple support and couldn't find anything about it at all.  I pretty much need a step by step go to. Do you know of one? Thank you so much 🙂 

Open System Preferences, go to Printers and Scanners, delete the printer by clicking the minus button.

In the menu bar of Finder, press Go, then click Go to Folder..., type /Library/Printers/ and right-click on the Canon folder. Click Move to Trash, delete the files in the Trash bin.

Go back to Printers and Scanners in System Preferences and click the plus button. It will find the driver from Apple servers for you. If it doesn’t automatically select the driver, click it from the dropdown menu.
Announcements