cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 9000 Mark II 'Filter' failed message

franfield49
Apprentice

My Pixma Pro 9000 Mark II printer will print a perfect test print, but when I try to print a simple 4 x 6 from Photoshop CC 2020 on my iMac running Mohave 10.14.6, I get the message "Stop printing of all jobs to this printer"  and "Stopped -- 'Filter' failed, 1 page". Does this have something to do with the overflow reservoir?  The printer has been idle for a while, but the ink tanks are fine and the nozzle check looks perfect. What's going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you very much for that information.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

Stellarspace
Contributor
Yes

KymberliSentner
Apprentice
Thank you so much!! I made it to the last paragraph and then got stumped.
Do I plug in the usb from the printer to the computer for Apple to recognize the printer?
If so, this is how I got the printer installed already once this morning, I am still receiving the same failed message and it will not print.
Very much appreciate the help, so frustrating.

You have to plug the printer in otherwise you can’t install the driver.

If you’ve installed the drivers from the Canon website at any point, then that could be why the message is showing up. That is why you have to delete the drivers from the /Library/Printers/Canon folder first, then remove the printer from Printers and Scanners and re-add it.

You are a GENIUS! Thank you!!!  It PRINTED!!!  

The official Canon drivers work now, and Apple is no longer providing printer drivers for the Pro 9000.

Announcements