cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 - Sunset photo printing poorly.

rdstack
Apprentice

I'm trying to print a sunset photo, (from Photoshop) and no matter how I change the settings I'm getting some strange separations in the print. There's a grey ring at the transition between the white at the center of the sun and the surrounding yellow. There's also a yellow halo further out. It's a little hard to tell in the attached photos but the transition is nice and clean in Photoshop and not so much in the print. The top photo is of the photo on my monitor. The second photo is a picture of the print. I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to set up the printer to handle this properly or if it's just outside it's capabilities.

Sunset 1.jpgSunset 2.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rdstack,

So we can best assist you, we would need some more information to help narrow down this issue.

1. What version of Windows or Macintosh is installed on your computer?
  2. What type of paper are you printing on?
  3. Do you have the most current drivers installed?

We look forward to your reply.

Hello and thank you for the reply.

1. Windows 10 Home

2. Canon LU-101 Photo Paper Pro Luster, (and original  Canon CLI-42 inks)

3. Yes... the drivers match the latest shown on the Canon web site.

Hello.

The issue may be related to the image or editing that was performed on the image.

Try printing a different picture to see if the same effect occurs.

If the issue persists, print an unedited JPEG image from our Easy-PhotoPrint EX program to see if the same issue occurs.  The program is available for download at the following link:

PIXMA PRO-100 Drivers & Downloads

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Print this twest image. Download the TIFF file and open in your editing software.  Do not make any adjustments to the image regardless of how it looks to you on screen.

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you John. I won't be in my office for about a week but as soon as I get back I'll try printing the image.

Announcements