cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100 Printing Issues with macOS Big Sur

katiegarrison
Contributor

I've been using my Pixma Pro 100 for 5+ years with a PC with no issues. I switched to macOS Big Sur, and now I'm getting blurred/hazy prints. I've tried printing through PhotoShop, Gimp and ColorSync. Here are the other things I tried with no success:

• Deleted all printers/reset printers in Apple settings and readded Pro 100 with Canon IJ using latest drivers downloaded from Canon (did not use AirPrint or Bonjour to add the printer)
  • Tried Canon’s plugin Print Studio Pro in Photoshop
  • Hooked the computer directly up to printer with USB cable and tried to print
  • Updated the printer’s firmware to the latest version
  • Cleaned printer multiple times using Utility
  • Cleaned print heads manually

After all this, I hooked up my PC again, and it printed perfectly. Any advice?

40 REPLIES 40

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!
I have not been able to print on 13X19 paper for several years. I have searched for answers and the air print issue solved everything!

Thanks for this. My printer was using air-print as well. When I applied icc profile in Lightroom, colors were awful - as though profile was applied twice. Best I could do was let the printer manage color.  With the Correct driver (Canon as you mention), I now have the color options, and can use icc profiles as before.

This is the driver version from Canon directly mcpd-mac-pro_100-16_50_0_0-ea21_3.dmg.

Big Sur did something to make Lightroom fail to display all the previous settings such as paper type selection.

LV

@limvo05 wrote:

This is the driver version from Canon directly mcpd-mac-pro_100-16_50_0_0-ea21_3.dmg.

Big Sur did something to make Lightroom fail to display all the previous settings such as paper type selection.

LV

Lightroom Classic and Big Sur 11.6. Here is a screen shot. You need to select the appropriate dropdown.

Monosnap 2021-10-23 11-49-53.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

After I've removed the driver and reinstalled it. Rebooted the mac and everything seems to be working as normal.

I was able to print photos and things are looking good for now. Thank you for everyone help,

LV

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I’ll private message you when I get home.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hello.

I printed the file four ways:

1. Lightroom using the Canon PSP plugin on PC

2. Canon DPP photo software using the PSP plugin on PC

3. Canon DPP photo software using the PSP plugin on MacBook

4. Apple Preview software on MacBook.

All prints were the same:

Screenshot 2021-01-29 112944.jpg

And all are the same as the Mac print you posted:

Screenshot 2021-01-29 113305.jpg

The PC print looks extra sharpened. If that is the effect you want and you want to use the Mac then maybe you can find a suitable editing tool on the Mac.

I don't have Windows Picture Viewer, but I did open and print the image in Photos app on my PC and the results were the same as the other four.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you so much for working through this. So baffling to me. I'll play around with editing and see what comes of it. Thanks again.

Hi! I'm having all of the exact same problems, and I read through every single part of this forum! 
I was wondering if you reached any conclusion or fixed the blurriness?? I'm still experiementing to no avail. It doesn't even matter what file format I print in (pdf, tif, jpeg...)

Thanks!

@katiegarrison wrote:

Thank you so much for working through this. So baffling to me. I'll play around with editing and see what comes of it. Thanks again.

Welcome to the forum.

I suggest you start a new thread with your situation. I suggest this becasue I am not convinced the OP ebvery really had a problem, and when I presented the various outputs there was no followup from the OP.

Tell us: 

1. what operating system and version

2. be sure you have downl;aoded and installed the latest printer driver.

3. if on a Mac, be sure you have the IJ Series driver and not the AirPrint driver

4. what software are you printing from

5. if posiible, post a screen shot of the printer setup dialogue.

6. run a nozzle check on your printer

7. post a screenshot of the poor print out

The more info you can provide the easier, and most likely the quicker , it will be to get to a resolution.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements