cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100 Printing Issues with macOS Big Sur

katiegarrison
Contributor

I've been using my Pixma Pro 100 for 5+ years with a PC with no issues. I switched to macOS Big Sur, and now I'm getting blurred/hazy prints. I've tried printing through PhotoShop, Gimp and ColorSync. Here are the other things I tried with no success:

• Deleted all printers/reset printers in Apple settings and readded Pro 100 with Canon IJ using latest drivers downloaded from Canon (did not use AirPrint or Bonjour to add the printer)
  • Tried Canon’s plugin Print Studio Pro in Photoshop
  • Hooked the computer directly up to printer with USB cable and tried to print
  • Updated the printer’s firmware to the latest version
  • Cleaned printer multiple times using Utility
  • Cleaned print heads manually

After all this, I hooked up my PC again, and it printed perfectly. Any advice?

40 REPLIES 40

In case you didn't see my edit. Click Options & Supplies and post what you see.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Sorry for the confusion! I'm not tech-savvy, so figuring this out is a challenge. (I appreciate your patience!)Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 10.48.25 AM.png

OKJ. So you do have the "real" Canon driver.

I am not familiar with the ColorSync app.

Can you open the file you want to print in the Preview app?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

What kind of file is your artwork?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 10.52.07 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-28 at 10.53.17 AM.png

This one is a high-res jpeg. I've tried tiff as well.Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 10.54.09 AM.png Details below. 

I've tried test prints with ALL the various settings, and they're all blurry. Then I plug in my PC, and the first print is perfectly clear and sharp.

OK.

If you select the dropdown arrow where it says Preview you will find a whole set of selections.

You should be able to select all te same options as you can in Windows.

What media type are you uisng? Is it Canon paper or a third party.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I'm using double sided matte photo paper (third party). I've been using the same paper, printer, same scanner/settings, editing software, file type, etc. for 5+ years with perfect results on PC. The day I switched to mac, I had issues.

And I've adjusted the print settings in dozens of ways with no luck. No matter the settings I choose, the prints are the same (blurry). 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements