cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 My photos are too dark

Mocnrief
Contributor

What am i doing wrong? I admit i never took the time to go through the proper set-up for presets but I have been printing good photos on other printers for years.  Why I am having so much trouble with my Pro-100? I know it is capable of specular prints.  I have pinted some.  Now I am getting very dark prints.  What I am doing wrong.  It is true that I have non-Canon ink in there now.  But the test pages look ok.  I checked each ink cartridge to be sure the orange tape was removed.  I cleaned the nozzles.  I ran the alignment test.  Everything seems to be in order.  I have given up trying to print from the Canon program Image Garden because I cannot bring up all of my photos.  I am using the MAC desktop printing program.  Any ideas?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the link.  I printed out the image on 5 x 7 paper and it was quite perfect. I apologize to my printer.  I don't what software I have.  I have the Image Garden that came with the printer.  I prints ok but I have a problem acquiring all of my photos.  It only seems to show photos taken with my IPhone or IPad.  Most of my photos were taken with a SONYCybe-Shot DSC RX100.  I can't seem to acquire them.  So I use whatever software came with my Apple MAC desktop.  My other problem seems to be with 4x6 photos.  They do not seem to come out as well as larger sizes.  Eventually i will figure it out.  The main point is that my printer is turning out beautiful 5 x 7s and I assume the same with letter size.  A while back I printed out a perfect 13 x 9 that I framed.  So thanks for your help.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

See and follow the guidance in the above link. 

What photo software do you have?  When you installed the printer did you install IJ version?  You don't want the Bonjour version. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the link.  I printed out the image on 5 x 7 paper and it was quite perfect. I apologize to my printer.  I don't what software I have.  I have the Image Garden that came with the printer.  I prints ok but I have a problem acquiring all of my photos.  It only seems to show photos taken with my IPhone or IPad.  Most of my photos were taken with a SONYCybe-Shot DSC RX100.  I can't seem to acquire them.  So I use whatever software came with my Apple MAC desktop.  My other problem seems to be with 4x6 photos.  They do not seem to come out as well as larger sizes.  Eventually i will figure it out.  The main point is that my printer is turning out beautiful 5 x 7s and I assume the same with letter size.  A while back I printed out a perfect 13 x 9 that I framed.  So thanks for your help.  

Announcements