cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-10 shifts whenever I try to print something that does not fill the paper

mcwright73
Apprentice

I have been having trouble with my Pixma Pro-10 shifting whenever I try to print something less than full bleed on any type of paper / any paper size. I reported the issue and received a new printer through the warranty. Now the new printer is doing the same thing!! The shift is completely consistent on everything I try to print. I have wasted hundreds of dollars on paper and ink already trying to fix this but no luck... I have also done the roller cleaning in the utility with no luck. Please help!!! I need to get these prints done by the end of the week.

THANK YOU.

Shifted Print

11 REPLIES 11

Danny

Hi, mcwright73!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, contacting our US-based technical support team is the most efficient way to get these issues straightened out. They're standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Is this with all software and paper or just certain software and paper
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

mcwright73
Apprentice
On everything honestly. I have mainly been using Photoshop & InDesign with 8.5x11, 8x10, 5x7, and custom sized paper. The paper type ranges from regular printer paper to photo paper to card stock...

Try posting here: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/1003?utm_campaign=internal-link&utm_source=mainmenu&utm_medium=text&r...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

If it happens on two different printers, one might surmise the problem is the user. Not the printer.  I know you probably think everything is set correctly but I would still see if something is afoul.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

mcwright73
Apprentice
I honestly would agree with you, ebiggs1. The thing I don't understand is that anything I print with a full bleed or thin border prints absolutely perfectly on the same paper with the same settings. It's only when (again, using the exact same settings, paper, programs, etc) I print something that only takes up a small area on the paper that it shifts. This is the only thing making me wonder if it could really be my fault it is happening. I was hoping someone else here may have had the problem before.

I contacted Canon directly and they say this replacement needs to be replaced. I'd just prefer not go through that if there is a simpler fix someone else has found.

Thanks for the response!

Maybe it's related to the software resizing the image? Can you try different software? Convert image to a PDF and print from Adobe Reader?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

You do have the correct profile for each paper?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

beemer
Enthusiast

Parden me for asking but what do you mean by full bleed?   I thought this was a term used only by offset printers.

Ian

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements