cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO-100 clearly visible color change line in photo

Kingnog
Apprentice

I just set up my brand new PRO-100 printer a couple days ago. I have printed five 13x19" prints and the first four were perfect. On the last print, the first 1/2" printed perfectly but after that the colors suddenly took on a "purple tint" for the rest of the print. 

What would cause this? How do I troubleshoot? 

IMG_20181229_103711.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Kingnog
Apprentice

Some more info...

A "nozzle check" was OK, and a reprint did not exhibit this same issue.

HI Kingnog,

So we can best assist you, please let us know what version of Windows or Macintosh is installed on your computer and what program you are using to print the photo.

If this is a time sensitive matter, please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to  your reply.

@ArthurJ wrote:

HI Kingnog,

So we can best assist you, please let us know what version of Windows or Macintosh is installed on your computer and what program you are using to print the photo.

If this is a time sensitive matter, please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to  your reply.

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I am using Windows 7 and am printing with Adobe Lightroom. The Canon print preview looked perfect but the output was unusual, as shown in my photo. 

Hi Kingnog,

I recommend performing a nozzle check. Please click HERE for the steps. Does the nozzle check print like the picture below:

We look forward to your reply.

@ArthurJ wrote:

Hi Kingnog,

I recommend performing a nozzle check. Please click HERE for the steps. Does the nozzle check print like the picture below:

We look forward to your reply.

Yes, the nozzle check was perfect.

Hi Kingnog,

Since the nozzle check is good, I recommend removing the printer driver from your computer and then please click HERE and download the PRO-100 series Printer Driver Ver.1.06. I also recommend clicking on the software tab on that page and downloading the Print Studio Pro Ver.2.0.2 plug-in.

If you still have the same issue, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements