cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO-10 16 Bit Printing from Adobe LR on Windows?

jeekshots
Apprentice

I just purchased a Pixma Pro-10 and have now set it up on my machine and spending time trying to learn about it since this will be my first serious foray into photo printing. One of the tutorials I took recommended printing photos in 16 bit from Lightroom and shows an option to check off from the Print module. I've done various searches about how to get this to show up for the Pro-10 but have not had any luck and, at least from a couple of sources, it seems like 16 bit printing from Lightroom to this printer might only be possible with Print Studio Pro. However, I could not find information to verify that either or how to turn it on. I have tried using the regular driver and the XPS driver and that does not seem to change anything.

Can anyone tell me how to do 16 bit printing to this printer on a Windows platform, preferably from LR, and/or point me to information about this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum jeekshots. 

The 16 bit check box only exists in the macOS version of Lightroom. 

According to the documentation PSP will automatically use the XPS driver if it is installed. 

If you Google 16 bit printing in Windows you will get about a weeks worth of reading and at the end I'm willing to bet you still won't have an answer. 

I ran some test a few years ago using my W10 PC and MacBook Air. I have a Pro-100. 

MacBook - LR, PSP, LR16. I saw no difference at 13x19 size. 

Windows - LR, PSP then I installed XPS driver and repeated LR, PSP.  Once again I saw no difference. 

Test images were the OutbackPhoto TIFF test images do two of my RAW file images. 

Discussions about this appear periodically on DPReview with similar conclusions. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum jeekshots. 

The 16 bit check box only exists in the macOS version of Lightroom. 

According to the documentation PSP will automatically use the XPS driver if it is installed. 

If you Google 16 bit printing in Windows you will get about a weeks worth of reading and at the end I'm willing to bet you still won't have an answer. 

I ran some test a few years ago using my W10 PC and MacBook Air. I have a Pro-100. 

MacBook - LR, PSP, LR16. I saw no difference at 13x19 size. 

Windows - LR, PSP then I installed XPS driver and repeated LR, PSP.  Once again I saw no difference. 

Test images were the OutbackPhoto TIFF test images do two of my RAW file images. 

Discussions about this appear periodically on DPReview with similar conclusions. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John! Appreciate the guidance!
Announcements