cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-100 Stuck on Creating print data.

916Oscar
Apprentice

Mt printer recently got stuck in the middle of printing.  Everything loks good but the status is stuck at Creating print data.  I have removed and reloaded the driver.  I have relaced ink cartridges.  I am connected through USB.  Any suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your help.  I removed all of the software and drivers again.  Then ran a registry cleaner.  Reloaded the drivers and now it works.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

what software are you printing from and what computer operating system.

Typically creating print data occurs before info is sent to the print driver.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I am running Windows 10.  This error happens on every program I try to print from.   Even when printing a test page

Thanks

Oscar

I have never had that problem, so I am just guessing, but maybe this can help.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/90615-reset-clear-print-spooler-windows-10-a.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank You for the suggestion.  I have tried it, but it did not solve the problem, unfortunately. 

Thanks,

Oscar

BillS
Mentor

Hi 916Oscar,

In order to better assist you, allow me to ask a couple questions:

• Does the alarm light on the printer flash when printing?
  • If so, how many times does it flash between pauses?
  • Are you able to print a nozzle check?

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks for your help.  I removed all of the software and drivers again.  Then ran a registry cleaner.  Reloaded the drivers and now it works.  Thanks!

This soltion sounds complicated for me.

I have a printer MG2950. I cannot print anything - the message window shows 'Creating print data' and nothing happens - I have checked grascale etc to ensure printing only in black I have a new black cartridge and an empty colour cartridge in place. I print using wi-fi and I have Windows 10. I have tried every possible thing - but cannot print anything.

The printer shows a continually flashing light beside the 'C' for colour. I have tried pressing the 'Black' button to get printing going - that won't work either.

I don't know how to deal with software or reinstalling etc.

Can anyone please help me out?

I am not sure you can print without a functioning color cartridge installed. 

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/Will-my-Canon-PIXMA-MG2920-need-bot...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements