cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-100 ICC profiles not showing up on Mac / LR

lisadesimone
Apprentice

Hi all. I know this has been asked MANY times and I've tried everything, but was hoping someone could help

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer driver for my Pixma Pro 100 five times and the ICC profiles for the Canon papers are still not showing up in Lightroom.

I am using a MacBook air with Catalina. 

I have looked in the library under colorsync and do not see the profiles anywhere

I just bought some new Canon paper and would like to use the correct ICC profiles to print from LR

I am about to throw my lapto into the river 🙂

thanks in advance 

16 REPLIES 16

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum. 

When you look in System Preferences->Printers & Scanners do you have the AirPrint version of the printer or the IJ Series version?  You do not want the AirPrint version. 

In Lightroom you won't see the profiles until you add them via a check mark. Select "Other" in the profile drop down. 

F811A9A4-FBCE-47D9-9DF7-34F3F719324E.jpeg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Well, of courese when I did that 4x before it didn't work, but this time it did! One other question though...

the two papers I purcahsed are Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster (LU-101) and Canon Photo Paper Pro Premium Matte (PM-101), but none of these profiles match exactly. Any idea which is which?

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 6.26.09 PM.png

I have the same problem.  Using a Pro-100 and Ventura Mac OSX. After copying the profiles from the Printer Profiles to Adobe the Canon profiles showed up in LRC. The LU-101 profile does not show up in the profile matches. Like you I see a LU1/2  and LU3

Thank you for your prompt response. I reinstalled the latest print driver for Ventura and that seemed to work.  I was messing around with this yesterday and now how 2 locations for the correct ICC profiles.  One is located in /Library/Application Support/Adobe....and the other is located in /Library/Printers/Canon/....which one should I choose? Also, with the Photo Paper Pro Luster do you select glossy or matte finish in the Lightroom Classic Print module? Finally, the colors on the print don't seem to match what I see on the screen in soft proof in LRC.  I know that's a rather large topic, but do you have any quick suggestions for me? Thnx

Hi John,

Your suggestion above was a god send to me about 6 months ago when I was able to get my canon paper icc profiles to show up in Lightroom, but I continually lose them if I am not seemingly printing on a daily basis and now the recommendation above does not seem to work. Wonder if you have other suggestions.

Details - I am using Lightroom Classic on Macbook Pro running Big Sur. I have a PRO-10 printer and as part of this recent attempt to fix things I went to the printer web page and noticed a firmware update link which I did. 

Generally when I have this issue I download the printer drivers and re-install them because one thing I read somewhere was that the icc profiles for Canon paper are part of the driver. So downloading the driver again presumably will reinstall the profiles if they are missing. I then usually restart the printer and quit and restart lightroom. This did not help.

I then recalled your advice and went to System Preferences>Printers deleted the Canon printer and then re-added it, taking care not to choose the Bonjour option that allows an Airprint option and instead choosing the Canon IJ network option which gives the Canon option only (no Airprint) click ok, connect to the printer, reboot Lightroom as a magic charm...but no profiles appear in the popup window. And they were definitely there just a couple of weeks ago.

Is there anything that I am missing? Is there any reason you can think of as to why these profiles keep disappearing and why I need to go through this over and over again? 

Thanks in advance

Dan Weingrod

Check your Personal Messages.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
LU ½ is luster

PMN ⅔ is the matte
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

thank you so much!

Something i recommend is softproofing in Lightroom.

The image displayed in LR is in the ProPhoto color space - it doesn't reflect how the image will show when printed.

When you softproof LR will display the image, as best as it can, how it will look on a particular paper. then you canm fine tune your adjustments to get the image you want.

Screenshot 2021-01-05 193306.jpg 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements