12-10-2022 06:29 PM
My Pixma Pro 10 printed excellent with excellent color matching up until December 1, 2022. Then abruptly afterward the white point appears shifted to bluish and colors are over-saturated. For example, the fur of a white-tailed deer shifts from subdued reddish brown to a garish red. The subtle blue of snow becomes starkly blue.
1) My Benq monitor is hardware calibrated, works like a champ, and the print proofs from (WHCC) White House Custom Color Print Lab match the monitor quite well.
2) I print from Lightroom or Photoshop and I don't see any change in the settings of the print menus. I let Photoshop control the print and use the recommended ICC paper profiles
3) a. The softprint in Lightroom matches the print I get from WHCC print lab.
b. The Canon IJ Print Preview matches the print from the Pixma Pro 10.
But (a) and (b) look very different
4) I've tried most of the selections in the print drive menus, but the gap between the Pixma Pro and WHCC doesn't change much.
5) I ran a printhead test page and it looks perfect.
Does any of this ring a bell?
12-13-2022 02:16 PM
If you search the forum you will see that many Mac users that have upgraded their OS are having issues. I am not a Mac users but it seems like a bad coincidence if the OS is not to blame.
12-13-2022 02:32 PM
Any changes to the computer, like an OS update, or if a Mac, a new OS?
Are you using OEM inks?
12-15-2022 05:00 PM
I use a PC and it's possible that there was a Windows 10 update or an Adobe update. If that affects a Canon printer to the extent I'm seeing, I hope Canon will respond with a bulletin.
I've been using Precision Color inks for over a year. No complaints there.
12-15-2022 05:08 PM
AftervanOS update it is good to reinstall the latest printer driver.
03/02/2023: New Firmware Updates Are Available:EOS R7 - Version 1.3.0EOS R10 - Version 1.3.0
2/07/2023: New product announcements!EOS R8 EOS R50RF-S55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STMRF24-50mm F4.5-6.3 IS STMRF15-30mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM
Canon U.S.A Inc. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or part without permission is prohibited.