cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 10, recent abrupt change in color matching

kaepstein
Apprentice

My Pixma Pro 10 printed excellent with excellent color matching up until December 1, 2022. Then abruptly afterward the white point appears shifted to bluish and colors are over-saturated. For example, the fur of a white-tailed deer shifts from subdued reddish brown to a garish red. The subtle blue of snow becomes starkly blue.

1) My Benq monitor is hardware calibrated, works like a champ, and the print proofs from (WHCC) White House Custom Color Print Lab match the monitor quite well.

2) I print from Lightroom or Photoshop and I don't see any change in the settings of the print menus. I let Photoshop control the print and use the recommended ICC paper profiles

3) a. The softprint in Lightroom matches the print I get from WHCC print lab.
    b. The Canon IJ Print Preview matches the print from the Pixma Pro 10. 
    But (a) and (b) look very different

4) I've tried most of the selections in the print drive menus, but the gap between the Pixma Pro and WHCC doesn't change much.

5) I ran a printhead test page and it looks perfect.

Does any of this ring a bell? 

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

If you search the forum you will see that many Mac users that have upgraded their OS are having issues. I am not a Mac users but it seems like a bad coincidence if the OS is not to blame.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Any changes to the computer, like an OS update, or if a Mac, a new OS?

Are you using OEM inks?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I use a PC and it's possible that there was a Windows 10 update or an Adobe update. If that affects a Canon printer to the extent I'm seeing, I hope Canon will respond with a bulletin.

I've been using Precision Color inks for over a year. No complaints there.

AftervanOS update it is good to reinstall the latest printer driver. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements