cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok, just got the prograf 1000, adobe lightroom CC does not want to recognize it.

Lauro1
Apprentice

Hi all,   and this may seem like such  a simple question but I got a prograff1000 ,  using a windows based unit,  and adobe lightroom and photoshop.    I have had so many problems trying to get the program to get going.   Adobe worked on it for 3 hours with no result.    I am trying to get lightroom to accept studio pro as a plug in.     Will not do.    Also get an error saying that there is an error in the system.    I am at so a loss,   and so is Adobe for that matter I do not know where to begin.   Any help would be most appreciated by me.    Have basically spent the day trying to get this to work.   HELP!!!!!!

Lauro

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I'm not sure what the problem would be with tthe failure to install PSP since I never ran into it.

I have the Pro-100 printer, but the basics should be the same.

Early on I ran comparion prints using LR only, LR and PSP, with and without the XPS driver. I saw no difference in my prints, so I took the simplest route and use only LR and the standard driver.

Since I use both Canon and third party paper I standardize on selecting to have LR manage color.

My setup is as follows:

1. set image size and paper size in LR (tyhis setting is based on using A3+ paper size.

Layout.jpg

2. select ICC profile in LR:

Lightroom-Printer.jpg

3. set the Canon printer driver to disable color management by printer:

Page Setup.jpg

I hope this helps.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

dkoretz
Contributor
Even though JRHoffman prints with the Pro-100 (which I used to use), his answer is exactly right for the Prograf 1000 (which I have been using for a couple of years). there is no need whatever to interpose the Canon software between lightroom and the printer. Set the appropriate ICC in Lightroom for controlling color, replacing printer control, and turn off color matching in the printer firmware to avoid double profiling.

Use the printer's firmware, which you access via the properties drop down menu, to set paper size, paper type, print quality, and feed (top or back).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

1. have you tried toi install Professional Print & Layout? It is my understanding that it does all that PSP does and more. It won't erecognize my printer so i have no direct experience.

2. you also don't need PSP to print. The printer will work fine printing directly from Lr. Printing using PSP bypasses the Lr print module, so you lose the Lr output print sharpening.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you so much for that information.    Can you clarify number 2?   In the past I did some specialized printing with computer as I was working with film    So by using LR module on printing,    would I have to do anything  as far as Canon software?   THey finally were able to drag me out of the darkroom,   and some of this is foreign language to me.   Do I need to remove everything from the computer?     Does I keep the XP printer driver.   Where would I make changes to ICC or paper size?    Sorry to plump all this info on you but I am truly a novice when ti comes to digital printing.      

Thanks  so much,        Lauro.

I see you state you are using Lightroom CC. There is no longer a Lightroom CC. There is Lightroom, the cloud based version and Lightroom Classic, the local folder based version.

Which one are you using?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

sorry  I cannot get  cc out of my head but it is Lightroom C.   thank you for pointing that out.    Sadly I can still remember Dektol,   E-6 processing.  Cibachrome.     that does not leave my head.      

Lauro Munoz, 

Nikon D850 ., collection of Nikkor lenses,  Phase one xf IQ3  and some corresponding lenses.   

I'm not sure what the problem would be with tthe failure to install PSP since I never ran into it.

I have the Pro-100 printer, but the basics should be the same.

Early on I ran comparion prints using LR only, LR and PSP, with and without the XPS driver. I saw no difference in my prints, so I took the simplest route and use only LR and the standard driver.

Since I use both Canon and third party paper I standardize on selecting to have LR manage color.

My setup is as follows:

1. set image size and paper size in LR (tyhis setting is based on using A3+ paper size.

Layout.jpg

2. select ICC profile in LR:

Lightroom-Printer.jpg

3. set the Canon printer driver to disable color management by printer:

Page Setup.jpg

I hope this helps.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

dkoretz
Contributor
Even though JRHoffman prints with the Pro-100 (which I used to use), his answer is exactly right for the Prograf 1000 (which I have been using for a couple of years). there is no need whatever to interpose the Canon software between lightroom and the printer. Set the appropriate ICC in Lightroom for controlling color, replacing printer control, and turn off color matching in the printer firmware to avoid double profiling.

Use the printer's firmware, which you access via the properties drop down menu, to set paper size, paper type, print quality, and feed (top or back).
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements