cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some Big help pro-100

Zmack
Apprentice

Hello, everyone first time here, but i have been reading the forums for the past 2 weeks.   My wife just bought a Pro-100 printer 2 weeks ago, and we are haveing nothing but problems setting this thing up.  I'v been on youtube, and different forums trying to get info.

I got home installed the setup CD, followed all the steps, I'm useing a windows pc.    Here is where my problems now come into play.  I went to canon website, and downloaded the latest driver for the printer.  I also Downloaded the print shop pro.

My wife uses LR6, and she, and I have only had it maybe 4weeks, we are very new at this.   The pictures are coming out dark and muddy.  Now I have read on here from searching, it's my screen, I have gone through and have done the optimal settings possible for my screen. 

PSP for some reason just wont open in LR as a plugin.  I also dont even see a icon to open it manually.  this is where im lost, and so is my wife.  From seeing several post, i went into canon my printer and put the settings on manuel.  I'm just not sure if this thing is printing at its optimal settings.  Does anyone have any info on how to actually instal PSP? 

From what i also have read is If we have LR6 we really don't need PSP to get good prints, but i'm just curious as to why PSP wont install into LR6 as a plugin like i see people with on youtube.  after Downloading PSP i went to LR6 open up File>plugin extra  and it list nothing for a plugin option.  Does anyone have a guid how to get this thing loaded as a plugin?

Also if we don't need PSP and are better off just printing from LR how should i set it up?  sorry for all these questions the wife and I are pretty bad at this stuff.  if anyone could offer some insight it would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Google Jose Rodriguez Pixma Pro-100
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

the_traveler
Enthusiast

plugin manager.jpg

Have you tried adding the plugin to LR using the 'Add' feature in the Plugin Manager?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"From what i also have read is If we have LR6 we really don't need PSP to get good prints, ..."

You absolutely do not need it.  LR6 has everything you need to make the highest quality prints from the Pro-100.

"Also if we don't need PSP and are better off just printing from LR how should i set it up?"

You do absolutely need to learn Lightroom.

Untitled-1.jpg

It is important you start with Page Setup.  It must match the other settings in LR.  Remember 9 times out of 10 the Pro-100 prints EXACTLY what you told it to. This one major point is where most people goof up with Lightroom.

Next go through each tab and make the necessary adjustments.  If you have a specific question on how each is used, just ask.  But most are pretty self explainatory.

Canon is a hardware maker. Adobe is a software maker.  Each does that job well.  Neither does the others job well! Smiley Frustrated

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements