cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing cardstock on canon pixma pro-100

2192hymc
Apprentice

I just bought a canon pixma pro-100 printer to print greeting cards. The printer works beautifully on Canon glossy photo paper, but it is terrible on 80lb cardstock--which is unfortunately what I use for my greeting cards. The output is kind of grainy instead of rich and smooth. The media type setting that works best for my cardstock is "plain paper" but it's still not very good. How might I go about troubleshooting this? Or is this printer fundamentally unsuited to my needs/cardstock?

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Wow, 80 lb.  That is pretty heavy.  I am a 40 year employee of Hallmark Cards.  The heavest and most used paper was and is 59 lb.  However, the Pro-100 should print on 80 lb using the manual feed at the back of the printer.  That said the Pro-100 is not a production printer, if that is what you are trying to make it do.

I suspect you don't have the correct ICC profile for the card stock.  There may not be one and in that case you will need to create one.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

scrosing
Apprentice

Im having the same problem. Did you ever figure out what was going on? 

the_traveler
Enthusiast

Papers specifically for use in inkjet printers are carefully manufactured to provide specific absorption of inks and color reproduction.

Thus there are specific color profiles for each paper and that need for careful control is what makes them realtively expensive.

Random papers, evidently like your cardstock, are made with that specific use in mind and there is probably not teh same attention to surface absorption and color reproduction.

Have you tried card stock made especialy for inkjet papers?  http://www.redrivercatalog.com/cardshop/scored/matte.htm

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements