cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW LUSTER PAPER

VITRUVIUSMAN
Contributor

I only bought the Glossy II professional paper. However, the new printer came with a sample pack of Luster style paper. Well, the difference between the glossy and luster was quite amazing. The luster paper gives greater  3-D affect and contrast, whereas the darks are a noticable darker and the lights/bright the same. I was very impressed.

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Agree. Photo Paper Glossy II is not up to professional grade IMHO.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hoffman, I wish I could exchange the Glossy photo II paper for the luster. I have over $500 invested in the Glossy II professional.

Hoffman, you gave me  Mitzvah when you answered my call for help on the printer. Thank you again. Shalom to you

I did indeed get my new Pro-100 pixma pro printer from Canon using the rebate you sent me. I bought it from B and H, in NYC, which I already new this company from living in NYC years ago. I remember this company in 1979. Thank you again. The prints are beautiful and love the Luster. However, I cannot justify spending more money for other paper, when I have this left.  I will offer others, if they want the luster paper, they will have to buy it personally and give a few sheets of it to be for their print.

There are a few high quality 3rd party ink non canon. I have found 2 but both are not longer suppliers. Have you find another INK source , high quality , which will be non harmfull to the CANON?   THese ink cartridges at these prices of $20.00 plus becomes more expensive than the cost of the printer

Yes. Select Photo Paper Pro Platinum and print with that paper type. 

I only use Canon ink, so I have no direct recommendation, but Precision Color inks get good comments from users on the web. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I have only used Canon INK as well. PRECISION INK  do you have a link? through amazon or private company?

Can’t post a link since it’s a company that sells, but go to precisioncolor dot com. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
One thing to try with the glossy ii.

Change the paper selection to Photo Paper Pro Platinum. I think the real problem with the Glossy II is the profile.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

So I change the paper selection to: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, when using the Glossy II paper?  The quality will be better?

Announcements