cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magenta cast at the top of prints with Canon Pro-1000

DariusHosseini
Contributor

I'm hoping someone can help me. I have been consistently printing with my Canon Pro-1000 for almost 3 years now. I am experiencing the following issue with many of my prints:

Correct appearanceCorrect appearance

Magenta cast at top of printMagenta cast at top of print

I have run numerous cleaning cycles, deep cleaning cycles and even system cleaning. My nozzle checks were very hit and miss. Sometimes they'd come out fine, but it wouldn't take long for them to indicate issues again. I have even since replaced the printhead, but I was shocked to find the yellow colour still not coming through properly on the nozzle check. This didn't make any sense to me, because how could a brand new printhead be clogged prior to printing anything but the head alignment sheets?

Anyway, it only took one clean to fix this issue and I generally don't have any problems with my nozzle checks. However, the magenta cast is STILL appearing and even Canon's support seem absolutely baffled by this!

This is not a consistent issue and does not occur on every print. It also seems less likely to occur on a borderless print.

Would anyone have any idea as to what the issue could be that is causing this?

Any help is much appreciated.

37 REPLIES 37

Hey Dan

This interesting, thanks. 

I’ll give this a go over the weekend. Only thing is, most of my issues occur with A3+ and A2 paper so no way to test these landscape. I’ll test A4s and A3s though. Canon are replacing the rollers in the coming week, will update on the outcome. . 

Thanks

Bhavin 

You don't need to load the paper landscape it's just a change to the orientation of the image in photoshop (or whatever you print from) and selecting landscape in print settings, paper still loaded as normal. Just ran off a couple of borderless A2 prints that were having issues before with no problems! 

Hi Dan

Was hoping to get back to you sooner about this but its been a busy time! So, I tried this and it worked for me....but, only for some prints and not all the time. Around 15 out of 20 initially were okay, but then the next day was less successful. But I do think that there is something in this, I just can't understand what. There was certainly a improvement in the number of prints that I could make, but every so often, the same issue would appear again. Canon's service centre are taking my printer in for a fix tomorrow (new rollers!?) so will see what happens. 

Is this work-around still working for you? And have you tired it with other software?

Typically I use and iMac and print using Photoshop, but the problem also occurs when I've tested other software including Canon's own. 

Many thanks

Bhavin

Hey Bhavin

No worries. I've found a similar thing to you now I've had a chance to run a lot of prints this way – it definitely improves the odds of not getting the issue but hasn't 100% fixed it, at least I'm wasting a bit less paper! I'm printing from Photoshop on an iMac too. Good luck with the roller repairs but pretty sure that's nothing to do with this issue!

CANON ARE YOU READING THIS??!1

It's so frustrating right?! Have you tried, and are you getting the same results using other software? I tested pretty much all options last time the issue was around in the summer and it didn't matter which software I used. 

Will let you know how I get on with Canon. 

Best 

Bhavin 

bhadresa
Contributor

Hi Darius

Did you ever find the cause and solution for this? I'm having the exact same issue here in the UK. 

Also, are you using genuine Canon or third party inks?

Many thanks

Bhavin 

LanceM66
Contributor

Hello, so Ive been dealing with this same issue but it's with cyan. Its always happening at the top aprox 2", and it varies, sometimes its ok, and happens less if I by-pass the printers setting by using ICC profiles via PS, def worse using Lightroom Classic, Im trying all options with settings but still not able to figure out where its happening or why. All my nozzle checks are perfect, but Ive never done a deep cleaning since owning the printer now for over a year. That will be next. Im attaching some examples of my issues. Wish somebody could figure out why this is happening..Canon, are you reading these!?cyan hue on topcyan hue on topphoto rag barytaphoto rag baryta

Hi Lance

Have you had any luck with Canon? Mine is going in for repair tomorrow (via Canon UK), but as to what's wrong with it is inconclusive. 

Thanks

Bhavin 

Announcements