cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICC Profile for iPF670 and Hi Res Coated Bond?

dy01
Apprentice

Hello,

I'm trying to find the ICC profile for Canon High Resolution Coated Bond Paper (1099V649) - so I can set the profile in Photoshop. (I'm running on MacOS.)

I've tried using the imagePROGRAF Media Configuration Tool -- and making sure that the paper is visible. But still the choice doesn't show up in Photoshop under View -> Proof Setup -> Custom -> Device to simulate. I see lots of other Canon papers, just not the one I want to use.

Is there somewhere I can manually download the profile? Or - is there another profile I can use instead?

Thank you,

david,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you. I called and was amazed to get an answer by a support person on the first ring.

They escalated my problem because they couldn't solve it. However I think I figured out what is wrong... Not every Canon paper has an ICC profile. This support doc (from Japan) lists which papers have ICC profiles (a surprisingly few)  https://ugp01.c-ij.com/lp/webmanual/iPFManual/iPF670/EN/manual/paper_reference_guide.html

david,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi dy01,

When using High Resolution Coated Bond Paper, please set the following:

Printer Driver - High Resolution Coated Bond

Control Panel of printer - Hi ResCtd Bond

If those are not available, please run the Media Configuration Tool to update the driver and control panel of your printer.

For more information, please view the following PDF:

http://downloads.canon.com/nw/pdfs/product-showcase/bus-consumables/MDS-High-Resolution-Coated-Bond-...

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for the reply. Yes - I'm able to do what you suggest. However I am unable to set the profile in Photoshop -- so that I can preview/adjust the colors for the printer. How can I download an ICC profile that I can store in the ColorSync folder on my Mac?  (As I have for other Canon papers)

david,

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

It is recommended that you contact Canon's Contact Center to speak with a Technical Support Representative for further assistance.  There is NO charge for this call.  Please dial 1-800-423-2366, Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern Time, excluding holidays.  A Technical Support Representative can assist you via phone and resolve this quickly for you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you. I called and was amazed to get an answer by a support person on the first ring.

They escalated my problem because they couldn't solve it. However I think I figured out what is wrong... Not every Canon paper has an ICC profile. This support doc (from Japan) lists which papers have ICC profiles (a surprisingly few)  https://ugp01.c-ij.com/lp/webmanual/iPFManual/iPF670/EN/manual/paper_reference_guide.html

david,

Fro Canon site: " iPF670 large-format printers is ideal for technical applications, posters, and office signage. "

ICC profiles are primarily for color managed printing where high fidelity between on-monitor image and printed output are important; i.e high quality photo printing.

That is not a target use for the iPF670, so the papers targeted for that printer won't always have an ICC profile.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements