cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iP8750 - Magenta Cast - Custom ICC Profiles - Photoshop

matteogiani
Apprentice

Good Afternoon!

I have an issue with my IP8750 when printing via PhotoShop on MacOs with custom ICC Profiles (Calibrated for my printer from paper manifacturer)

When I print from Photoshop unfortunately I have a Magenta Cast especially around black. I have tried multiple settings with the same result.

I have already performed Deep Clean, Nozzle Check, Etc.... No issues found.

Printer with same files prints with no problem and no cast (of course colors are slightly off as using Canon ICC)

No issues when printing PDF straight from Preview / PDF Reader using custom ICC profiles. (But colors slightly off hence why trying to print from PS as apart from magenta cast colors are perfect)

It sounds like a Double Color Management issue. I have tried both Wireless and USB printing. No difference. Tried reinstalling PS and also ICC profiles. Same. Nozzle Check, etc.. Same. I have googled it all day and cant solve it.

The only time the issue disappears (however the colors are not correct 100%) is when I select on Photoshop - Printer Manages Colors and I select the Custom ICC profile.

Can anyone help? I have included photos of settings and print issue.

Many thanks!!

Photoshop 21.0.1 / MacOS 11.5.2 / Canon iP8750 / Paper FotoSpeed Matt Ultra 240 / Canon Inks

SETTINGS USED

Photoshop Color Management Settings (as recommended by ICC Profile provider)

-- WORKING SPACES --
-RGB (Adobe RGB 1998)
-CMYK (U.S Web Coated (SWOP) v2
-Gray (Dot Gain 20%)

-Spot (Dot Gain 20%)

-- COLOR MANAGEMENT POLICIES --
-RGB (Preserve Embedded Profiles)
-CMYK (Off)

-Gray (Off)

-- CONVERSION OPTIONS --
-Engine(Adobe ACE)

-Intent (Perceptual)

All 3 Boxes ticked)

Photoshop Print Settings

-Color Handling (Photoshop Managed Colors)
-Printer Profile (Custom ICC)

-Rendering Intent (Tried all bust default Perceptual)

-Black Point Compensation (On but also tested Off)

Printer Settings (MacOS Settings Popup Window)

-Colour Matching (ColorSync GREYED OUT)
-Color Options (Greyed Out - Standard)
-Quality & Media (Matte Photo Paper / High Quality)

Screenshot 2021-10-22 at 13.32.55.png

Screenshot 2021-10-22 at 13.33.13.png

Screenshot 2021-10-22 at 13.33.22.png

Screenshot 2021-10-22 at 13.33.28.png

Screenshot 2021-10-22 at 13.33.35.png

IMG_6129.jpgIMG_6130.jpgIMG_6131.jpgIMG_6132.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Tiffany

Welcome to The Canon Forums!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA. While the commmunity is welcome to chime in, the Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Announcements