cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have black smudges on upper left on my Pro 100

samson22
Apprentice

My printer has started leaving a black smudge on the upper left corner of anything above 5x7.  I have changed the black cartridge, cleanied the foam plus run all maintainance tools.  Thank you12767710_10207577594670828_626773924_n.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I feel pretty stupid but I figured it out. Somehow the box of paper I was working out of the upper left corner of all the sheets somehow got bent slightly upward so when the paper cleared the bottom plate that corner would come up just enough the print head was dragging against paper. Thanks so much for your help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What paper are you using when this happens?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I use Red River but normal weight, most 60lb some 66.  It just started about a month ago.  What is puzzeling to me is that it is the very same place everything, I would think it would be all down the left side.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
When you say maintenance did you do roller cleaning?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

The first time I took it apart a month ago I did both the roller and bottom plate, today I did not.

I feel pretty stupid but I figured it out. Somehow the box of paper I was working out of the upper left corner of all the sheets somehow got bent slightly upward so when the paper cleared the bottom plate that corner would come up just enough the print head was dragging against paper. Thanks so much for your help.
Announcements