cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got my Pro-1!

muzicman82
Apprentice

Hi all,

I just got the Pro-1 and am pretty exited to print my own prints again. I have a fairly long history with Canon photo pritners including the S900, i9900, and Pro9000.

Couple questions here:

• Is there a minimum timespan I should go without making any prints (to keep the printhead from drying out)?
  • On the print driver side of things, do any paper presets use the quality setting at 1 (FINE)? I'm currently printing on Photo Paper Pro Luster and notice HIGH is 3. Why/when should I use 1? Is 3 the right setting?
  • Anyone have sites or other forum posts with tips/tricks/etc?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The Pro 1 isn't really designed for the casual user.  It is more a commercial machine.  Plus the cost of the ink 'tanks' (over $400 bucks) and the fact they are pigment instead of dye based.  Pigments tend to dry out faster than dye based.  But I don't have one that is just why I didn't buy one.  I have two of the Pro-100 and two of the Pro-9500 series printers.  I print on average once a week or so now that I am retired.  So far no dried out inks.

If I were still in the business, I probably would have gotten the Pro-1, too.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Oh, BTW, as John Hoffman points out, Red River Paper Co. is a great resource for both paper and info.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

muzicman82
Apprentice
Yep, I've been ordering Red River Paper for over 10 years... Haven't gone through their site for PRO-1 info yet.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements