cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a new Pro9000 Mark II. How do I print a 11x14 image on 13x19 paper?

TomBranson
Apprentice

I have a new Pro9000 Mark II. How do I print a 11x14 image on 13x19 paper?

6 REPLIES 6

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi TomBranson,

The steps involved would depend on the software you are using.  For example, if you were using Photoshop CS, you would create a blank 13x19 canvas an insert the 11x14 image within the cannvas, positioning it as needed.  If you use the Canon Easy Photo Print software, choosing a bordered 13x19 as opposed to borderless would come close to an 11x17.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Isn't there a way to do this without going through software other than Canon software?

If there was no software involved, how would you reduce the original size of the DSLR file? As it comes from your camera depending on which one you have, is very large. Exceeding 30x40 inches. So, you need something to either reduce the size or at least tell the printer what size you want.

Some printers have LCD screens and let you do a direct from camera print. The Pro 9000 Mk II does not.

The best software for this is Photo Shop but there is a more pocketbook frindly version, Photo Shop Elements. And there are others some freeware. Gimp Ware is and open source freeware and is "almost" Photo Shop.

Bottom line is you really need some post software, even the free ones that come with your camera from Canon are fine.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

When I print the image through Canon EZ Print, I get a print which accurately reflects the image on my monitor.

However, when I go through Photoshop Elements 9 to print the desired size, the image quality is not as good.

It is overall too dark and lacks lighting contrast.

What can you suggest?

Thanks.

Tom, there are several settings both in the software and in the printer itself. It is essential that your monitor shows you what the 9000 Mk II is going to print. I use Photo Shop CS6 and Light Room 4 so my familiarity with PSE is limited.

Since PSE and CS6 are Adobe and similar, I will give you my settings. I turn off any print handling by the printer.

Canon My Printer> Printer Settings> Main> Color/Intensity to Manual. Now click the Set tab. Matching> None. This turns off the print driver from altering your photos. Now in PSE let it handle printer settings. Don't remember the exact steps (in PSE) but you should have the choice before you select Print.

But if you don't have your monitor and printer doing the same thing none of this will work. This part is essential.<------

One other problem, it may not be possibile to get every color from your monitor to match every color on your print. It is the difference between light and dyes. You best bet is to match the most important color such as skin tones and let the rest fall where it may. Of course the subject matter determine a good deal of this. A landscape is not as critical as a wedding photo.

Let me know how you fair. Good luck.

EB

EB

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Nothing out of the ordinary is needed. Just select 13 x 19 in the page set-up of whatever post program you are using. Print the 11 x 14 print and trim the excess off with a paper trimmer.

Hobby Lobby has 13 x19 frames and I guarantee you at 13 x 19 print is impressive! Just a thought.

EB
Announcements